Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Transit custom or Vauxhall vivaro

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Natty1972

Little 54  combo is nearly dead which van would you buy looking at getting 2/3 year old van . 

Has anyone had any issues with either van . 

8eb816b528c6b4c72ece683946c8766d.jpg

Love my transit custom. Best bit comes with a plastic waterproof flooring as standard.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Was looking at the scrappage schemes in various companies .  What a complete waste of time not much of an incentive to buy a new van . 

Nice looking vans , @Green Pro Clean Ltd Can't seem to find second hand traffic sport probably because there are sort after .

Was looking at the scrappage schemes in various companies .  What a complete waste of time not much of an incentive to buy a new van . 

Nice looking vans , @Green Pro Clean Ltd Can't seem to find second hand traffic sport probably because there are sort after .
Hunted mine for an age. 

I wanted sport trim, LWB, twin side doors, uprated suspension and the 3.0 150 engine.   Not too much to ask.   :1f602:

Found an 11 plate Ipswich for £10K at just 35k miles so jumped right on the train.  

Smart vans guys I've only done out my new van a 62 plate low mileage traffic In the last 6 months but I'm already eyeing which van will be next and the customs top of the list.  ?

I just had the ford custom 2015 plate amazing van has all the toys and so nice to drive. Only thing is customers think I'm over charging [emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Little 54  combo is nearly dead which van would you buy looking at getting 2/3 year old van . 

Has anyone had any issues with either van . 

Just got my 54 Combo through another MOT :2_thumbs_up_-_animated: . Had to have coil springs replaced & few other minor bits & pieces. But hoping to keep it running for another couple of years or so.

I just had the ford custom 2015 plate amazing van has all the toys and so nice to drive. Only thing is customers think I'm over charging
emoji848.png
emoji848.png

This is where sarcasm comes in. A couple of customers done the usual boring comment of “oh I must be paying you too much”

To which my response was “funny you should say that, as I told the salesman it’s a few mugs on my round paying a couple of quid too much that helps me afford to pay twenty odd grand for a new van”

This with the compulsory roll of the eyes ?

I just had the ford custom 2015 plate amazing van has all the toys and so nice to drive. Only thing is customers think I'm over charging
emoji848.png
emoji848.png

I had 3 clients who weren't to pleased I don't think when I started turning up in this 2 years ago, I soon lost them they gave bad excuses but I have picked up far more new clients who don't care what i drive and only bothered about the service i provide. 

DSCN5622 (2)_LI.jpg

I had 3 clients who weren't to pleased I don't think when I started turning up in this 2 years ago, I soon lost them they gave bad excuses but I have picked up far more new clients who don't care what i drive and only bothered about the service i provide. 
View attachment 11736
Spot in pal. If I get asked I say it's because I do a great job and have loads of happy customers. That's why I have a new van.

how do you financially afford all these new vans???

Some nice vans.

Not saying any of the above guys do but there are a hell of a lot of window cleaners leasing brand new vans.

10 years ago it was not as common but grippa,ionics and facelift to name a couple will all finance or lease you a new van with a system.

And pcp finance is quite new which is a small deposit and monthly payments with a large ballon payment at end or you can hand it back which most do.

There are a lot of newish window cleaners near me driving round in 20k vans I would be surprised if some even turn over 20k

Some nice vans.

Not saying any of the above guys do but there are a hell of a lot of window cleaners leasing brand new vans.

10 years ago it was not as common but grippa,ionics and facelift to name a couple will all finance or lease you a new van with a system.

And pcp finance is quite new which is a small deposit and monthly payments with a large ballon payment at end or you can hand it back which most do.

There are a lot of newish window cleaners near me driving round in 20k vans I would be surprised if some even turn over 20k
I'm leasing mine over 3 years far cheaper than buying, But longterm better off buying and owning outright I am handing mine back 6 months early and buying a new van as longterm it's more practical on a personal and business level and I will only be around 4,000 mile a year . 

Latest Posts

Back