Price Increase Question...

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by rjacandwc, Mar 1, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rjacandwc

rjacandwc Well-Known Member

Would a fellow Window Cleaning wizard be able to give me a little advice please. I am approaching my third year in April and I would like to increase my prices to a percentage of my round who I have served since starting. Customers I have taken on over the last 6-12 months will be left alone because I added an extra £1 when pricing... But, I feel it is time to add a £1 to the older customers... I have a nice template letter to use.
    The main question I want help with is: What is a good reason to give to add a £1 increase???...

Thanks for help ... Richard

Advertisement
  2. Extremecleansussex

Extremecleansussex Active Member

I generally don't give them a letter or reasons as most customers seem to expect a price rise in the new year. Some ask me if I'm putting my prices up at the start of January but I usually wait until march and tell them it's going up in April.

If I never see the customer I just put the price up in April.
    Occasionally I'll lose a customer or two but its more than made up for by the price rises elsewhere.

3. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Cost of materials i.e. fuel, pure water, brushes & cloths etc

Richard

4. OoO

OoO Guest

He is trad as per profile.

I would say fuel and insurance.

5. Doo

Doo Well-Known Member

Cost of living

6. james44

james44 Well-Known Member

dont bother with a letter just put them up! then if anyone asks just tell them the cost of insurance etc:

7. dmckellar

dmckellar Member

simple - cost of living.

most people will agree with you, you'll get the odd person who takes the hump

8. TJWindows

TJWindows Member

Just put due to rising business costs, I have found it necessary to implement a price increase. As of the next clean your new window cleaning price will be £xxxx

9. Sprocket

Sprocket Newcomer

We increase prices every two yrs........under £10 = 50p..........£10 to £20 = £1..........£30 to £40 = £3 and so on........we start telling customers from sept/oct that as from the new yr there will be a price increase 99% are fine....

Advertisement