Price increases

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by TolishAPurd, Jun 16, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TolishAPurd

For those of you that increase your prices regularly, I was just wondering what you consider a reasonable price or percentage for a 1 year or 2 year increase? I know its a bit like asking "how much do you charge" but I would just welcome any thoughts you have. Almost all bar 2/3 houses are priced well and I dont want to lose them, as all the chaff has already been culled, but I figured its been nearly 2 years so a small increase must be on the cards.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Maybe just test the waters with ones you don't really like doing first and see what reaction you get.

3. TolishAPurd

Thats the problem I have smurf, all the chaff is gone, the ones I have now are great, and I'm expanding in all the areas I'm in. I don't want to embarass myself asking for a price increase, and then backing down if they kick up a fuss. The 2/3 that are underpriced are just because they were very early customers that came over from my handyman work when I branched into this. They'll be getting brought up to normal price no doubt, but the others I'm not sure about.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If you are happy with what you get for each job why worry about a price increase. That is unless you feel you are selling yourself short. I'm sure if they are loyal customers and are pleased with the level of service you offer they may not mind it going up a quid or so.

5. Simply Business

Simply Business Well-Known Member
    Supplier

The price of almost everything and every service rises through the years. Your overheads no doubt rise, as does the cost of your living so it seems only fair to raise your prices.

Can imagine it's difficult though when faced with customers who are used to your existing price. If your service is good enough though I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem TolishAPurd :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. TolishAPurd

Like simplybiz says its all about increasing overheads. The ones I have had the longest have never been increased, so what was a good price is not necassarily good anymore.

One thing that got me thinking about it was one of my handyman customers that has a different windy got a note through the door the other day saying about an increase, and she just shook it off and said "it goes up every year". Made me think I'm missing a trick, but more so I got thinking that what happens if I leave it the same for 5 years then the increase will need to be bigger which will probably piss people off more.

7. Mwwindowcleaning

Mwwindowcleaning Active Member

I'm in the same boat. I'm gonna say 50p to £1 a year increase. I haven't done it yet but I should do. If I do 15 jobs a day on average then it's a 7.5 to 15 quid extra a day.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I would not bother with odds like 50p's as you will need to give out more change than you need too. Therefore I would go for just £1's increases myself

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. cheapncheerful

its a great post as getting the right price or putting one up is hard....cheapie being a big coward that is...

my method seems to be...

to leave it that long before I reappear that they cant remember and make the mistake of saying...

how much..?

thats what cheapie waits for...

had one today....should have said eight..but said seven...

but he gave cheapie nine cause he had a chat and cheapie showed him his new brush thingymajig...

so frank got the money in his hand and promptly dropped one of the two pound coins....

nicely onto the decking ...right by the join gap...

boy did I drop to the floor fast....

once through that gap thats two pound gone for sure...

bloody frank and his fumbly fingers..:D

I er...do find that the way I work sure changes if the price hasnt changed in a while..

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i like to remind myself to increase prices by carrying a wad of "new price>> £... " preprepared stickers in my wallet,to attach to my slips.

Advertisement