Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

High impact local marketing

BigFoot

Every Valentine's Day a local Church gets up early and ties red helium balloons on each property with their church name and the message we love you etc on it. The community always comment on Facebook saying how pretty the village looks take photos and post online, it gets people talking (lots every year). Well I'm going to target an area next year and run a Facebook campaign at the same time. Think the idea is genius!
3386e5c61804246125b2179a883059fb.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Do you mean you're going to advertise with balloons alongside a Facebook campaign? Or do you mean you're going to exploit the fact that they'll all be talking about the church balloons on Facebook and will see your campaign?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do the same thing then there will be 2 balloons on everyone's gates and people will know you stole the idea and will give a negative view of your company subliminally not a great thing to do, is for me though as I am not in your area so nice one

A wheelie bin cleaning company near me did what seemed like a good idea recently. They had someone go round and attach a plastic tag with their logo, prices and contact details to each wheelie bin. I imagine that would have been much more effective for them than leafleting. No good for us lot though.

This ballon campaign the church does is in the village I live in, I have zero interest in working the area they do it every year and works. It gets loads of post on Facebook from the community and loads of comments from friends and reposts with positive comments it effectively reaches a huge audience. My idea would be to run a paid Facebook campaign targeting that area and surrounding communities so for two to three days they would see my marketing from friends comments, photos, payed adverts, my posts on buy and sell groups, by passing by the properties or having one tied to their house. Not sure what I'd put on the balloons something like a poem and my number email address/ Facebook page.

good idea for a seperate area but what would you write on the balloon? maybe your contact details or a special offer could do a easter campaign?
Don't forget us Welsh boys have dywrnod santest dwynwen ( Welsh Valentine's Day in January) so twice the opportunity and yes Easter with a yellow ballon etc with an appropriate message just as much impact.

A wheelie bin cleaning company near me did what seemed like a good idea recently. They had someone go round and attach a plastic tag with their logo, prices and contact details to each wheelie bin. I imagine that would have been much more effective for them than leafleting. No good for us lot though.
Could always whack dirty great stickers on their front window and charge to clean it off

Back