Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

For those that rinse on.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul alan

Have been trying to do this with mixed results.

some windows are ok doing this and others have spots in certain places and look dreadful.

when doing this I have a full flow (2.5ltrs pm)

and I spend longer rinsing across the top than what some people seem to do and even rinse twice but still don’t always get the right result.

anyone have any suggestions as to what I could be doing wrong? 

My my water is always pure and use mono brushes.

i realy want to crack this technique as the benefits are well worth it.

cheers

I say I rinse on pretty much all of the time, but in reality though, I do whatever it takes, on or off, and I switch from one to the other without really realising it. It’s just a feel for it that you develop.

I also find that I can’t categorically say it works best on phobic or philic, as it works for me on both most of the time.

However, I get to know where it doesn’t and adjust accordingly, and when I rinse off, it’s only just off. Anywhere from just touching the glass to about 3 inches

Some of the videos I watched when starting out showed rinsing off being done from way back off the glass. This never worked for me as the water splashed everywhere.

I dare say we’ve all developed ways that work for us that may not work for someone else. You’ll find yours in time.

I did some flats first thing wirh @Adams0211 and then some houses including some of tomorrow's work and did 250 quid in the end with about 175l of pure as i rinse on the glass

I use a swivel and very high flow

Neil will tell you how little i ised on the flats

I wouldn't know if it's phobic or phillic as the water pours down the glass whatever it is

You will soon pick it up 

I think some people are trying to go too far. Rinsing on or no rinsing at all, minimal rinsing etc. You can get away with it in some windows and on other you won't.

Personally I use a high flow and give everything a good rinse. Yes I could save time rinsing on or not rinsing on certain windows but would rather know I've done a perfect job. 

Although on upstairs windows I have developed a kind of half on half off rinse without realising it by just tilting the brush to allow one side to touch the glass, scrubbing and rinsing side on not square

Last edited by a moderator:
Back