Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure washer buying advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yeah I'm interested in the 12lpm one aswellObviously the bigger the better but for occasional jobs as long as it does a good job I don't mind if it takes a bit longer

Especially at half the price if the other

Yeah Im gonna get the 12lpm one from jetmac I think, good price and I'm sure it will do a good job, I'm only gonna be doing the odd driveway/patio here and there, so I'm sure the 12lpm will do the job? Smurf what do you think to the 12lpm? It's only 3lpm less than the 15, and is half the price... Plus better on fuel..?

You lads should be keeping an eye out on fleebay as I've never bought a new washer when bargains can be had and have saved myself a fortune over the years buying good used stuff.

You lads should be keeping an eye out on fleebay as I've never bought a new washer when bargains can be had and have saved myself a fortune over the years buying good used stuff.
I've tried eBay, no luck so far.....

You can pickup real bargains if you look long enough. Mind you there is also loads of **** so bide your time.

For example my first washer I paid £250 - ryhobi 7.5 hp as new and paid about £70 for a flat surface cleaner. At the time the washer new was £500 & flat surface clener £299

second washer I paid £450 - Loncin 14 hp 15lpm which 2moths old used once still with a valid 2 year warranty including a flat surface cleaner. At the time new the washer was £695 and flat surface cleaner £250

Third washer I paid £250 - Delta gx340 11 hp not sure how old but was hardly used including a flat surface cleaner. Now that was a real bargain as I bid at the last min as there where no bids

Instead of these prices:

http://www.malcleanse.co.uk/delta-200-bar-15-lpm-petrol-pressure-washer-dt15200phr-p-4507.html

http://www.malcleanse.co.uk/18-457mm-whirl-a-way-on-casters-be1800waw-p-4523.html

I also bought another flat surface cleaner as was so cheap I could not resist it for £25.

http://www.malcleanse.co.uk/18-457mm-whirl-a-way-on-casters-be1800waw-p-4523.html

All 3 washer still work well today and have been much abused so buying used I have only spent out the price of one basic washer & flat surface cleaner.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need a decent washer to drive one of these if you want to do large areas quickly

[media]

[/media]

Might go for the 12lpm... Unless and extra £400 falls out the sky, then I'll get the 15lpm!

I was approached not so long ago by a traveller whilst I was at a job if I wanted to buy another washer.

It turns out was a brand new looking high spec Honda gx390 washer still with the plant hire sticker on it. Was very tempted I can tell you but was obviously stolen and I don't buy any nicked gear off anyone as a matter of principle.

Yeah not a good moral thing to do!

Still can't decide on 12lpm or 15lpm!!

I was hoping to use direct from a tap, rather than a buffer tank, which got me thinking, a 15lpm probably wouldn't be able to run at full litres with a tap feed? So many the 12lpm is better for what I'm going to be doing?

if you get a 12lpm washer you will find very hard to make any money because they are to slow ,i made this mistake when i got the first washer which was a 12lpm ,also on some customers outside taps you will find the pressure is not enough to run a 12 lpm machine and can easily damage the seals on the pump so you decide .

Don't just assume you can run a direct tap feed washer ok on every job as this was one of the biggest issues I had using a direct feed washer. If you connect it up to a **** feed the job will take even longer to do. Trust me I've been there done that & got the t-shirt so to speak.

Don't just assume you can run a direct tap feed washer ok on every job as this was one of the biggest issues I had using a direct feed washer. If you connect it up to a **** feed the job will take even longer to do. Trust me I've been there done that & got the t-shirt so to speak.
So I'm taking it the 15lpm is the way to go then? What do you do if the tank/barrel keeps overflowing? Or worse doesn't keep up with the flow rate of the lressure washer?

Hmm that's a good idea with the stop clock, can you send me a link to one smurf? Do you take your own hoses along to connect to the customers tank?

Quickest way for easy access jobs is to have an onboard washer system or use a fast tow purpose built pressure washer bowser/trailer.

It's just as standard stop **** you can get in most diy stores with a hozeloc tap conector on the end.

Yes I carry garden hose reels and yes will use the customers hose too if it's any good. What I will say though is double check first on every quote if they have an outside tap for a start, how far it is away from where you will be wanting to work, check the tap to see if it actualy works and carry spare hozeloc tap connectors. My mate frank has been caught out a few times with one thing or another./emoticons/biggrin.png

hes not top dog for no reason..../emoticons/biggrin.png woof.

are you sure you dont wont to run a course smurfy..:rofl:

love the wheely bin pic...

thats a really good idea.

not that I do power washing yet...I am waiting for someone to offer me a course with a certificate..

Back