Prices

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by daveyboy, Jul 12, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Hi guys
    Just got back on the scrim circuit after 6 years off..tried something else which didn't work out so came back to what I know.
    6 years ago I was working on £20 an hour and don't have a clue what I can realistically charge nowadays.
    I am in Stevenage which is close to London.
    Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

great post...oh dear ...many different figures will come your way...i am just coming back after a long break and it is hard to just jump in and price a job and get it right...

.as long as its no lower than a tenner i dont moan...and it has been...one great job reached the dizzy heights of £3 per hour..but it seems to be around £30 ish top wack but it does vary so much..and of course there is a london area to include in any figure...

i have good and bad jobs it goes with the territory but i am hoping wfp may help save some jobs for me...we shall see...wanting a figure and getting it is a different kettle of fish ...most days i just class it all as work to be done and get on with it..

3. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I don't work for less than £30 per hour.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Thanks
    I just don't want to price myself out of jobs but wouldn't want to undercut the local guys
    especially as I know most of them as we all used to sub a bit of work off the same guy until he sold up

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Gross hourly rate is immaterial to me as I like to earn as much as I can when I can during the days I want to work.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I want to earn as much as possible as quick as possible
    (Don't we all)
    Just jacked in my job to come back to this
    some of us are suckers for punishment

7. cheapncheerful

i got a nice easy job you can have in middlewich...well worth a trip....£75 cash...:rofl: good luck in your newish venture...

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Yep but I've not quite got the hang of it yet :D

9. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I tried to price to an hourly rate but gave up on that some time ago. Now I just decide how much I think it's worth against other properties I do.

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Think I will just have to wing it for a while and see what people are prepared to pay

Advertisement