Prices

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by OoO, Feb 25, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. OoO

OoO Guest

Hi

Would like to know what sort of price i should be quoting for:

A Block paving pressure washing per square meter
    B Concrete pressure washing per square meter
    C Re sanding

I know larger areas will be cheaper, but just a rough idea for the average sized drives.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Depends on how competitive you want to be...

I quote what I feel the job is worth to me inc travel time, fuel for the pressure washer, how bad the job is, time it takes including cleanup, any drainage issues and cost to resand on another day when required.

I know I'm not being that helpful regarding m2 prices that you want but always worked this way and I'm not the cheapest by far.

Funny enough I had a lady call me this about half an hour ago asking me to do their block paving driveway & patio again that I did two years ago. Also the old chaps block paving driveway again next door.

They were so pleased with the work last time I did not even mention the price over the phone still all the work was booked in for March. Will go through my records to find out what I charged last time and bump it up a bit to cover inflation.

You can't beat happy customers can you :D

3. Window Cleaning Rayleigh

Window Cleaning Rayleigh Well-Known Member

I personally charge about £3psqm to clean depending on how bad it is. But obv have to re-kiln on a separate day, so I charge per hour for this, obv factor in how much a bag of kiln sand is and how many you will need, one bag goes a very long way unless there's huge gaps between blocks!! Say an driveway was 50sqm then it'd cost £150 to clean then 2 bags of sand @ £3 each, then prob £20 to sand it which would only take 30-40mins. But there's so many factors that can affect the price. Then if they wanted it re-sealed or sand hardener then it can be anything up to £10psqm.

Others may have totally different prices to me!! But that's what I charge for block paving cleaning!! Hope that helps mate

4. OoO

OoO Guest

Yeah that's a great help. What little jobs we have done in this area have been guess work.

£50/£100/£150

Just wanted to get some prices.

But tbh I ain't keen on the work.

5. Window Cleaning Rayleigh

Window Cleaning Rayleigh Well-Known Member

I'm not a great fan of it either tbh!! Would much rather do gutter cleaning all day! I have had some people expect me to clean their driveway for pennies!! But they don't take into account petrol for the pressure washer, weed killer if needed, then the travelling to and from the job a couple of times. I only have it on my website but don't actually advertise it properly like I do the rest of my services!

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It's a messy job for sure but you still can earn good money as an add on to your business by offering hard surface cleaning that is if you price up jobs properly ;)

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

8. OoO

OoO Guest

Good pictures smurf!

I like cleaning uPVC for some reason lol

We have all the equipment, so should really push it more :)

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Must admit I do like to do a variety of services in month as find I get fedup doing the same old thing week after week.

10. Richard Barnes

Richard Barnes Well-Known Member

Advertisement