Pricing Advise

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Hunty, Jan 5, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hunty

Hunty Active Member

Hi all, quite new to site and window cleaning but some great advice to help me on my way so thanks all.

My queery is that i am out this wednesday for the first time trying to drum up some business and i have a figure in mind that is my min (£10) but there are so many east europens in my area offering as little as £2 a front should i take what i can get whilst im starting out for a year or should i stick to my min fee?

Advertisement
  2. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

It's personal choice but 1 x £10 job = 5 x£2 jobs could be easier to get but less tax I would rather stick wasps up me bum lol

3. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Better to focus on the customers who want a decent service than the customer who is led by price as they all expect the same service

4. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

... :D

5. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Hi Hunty, your minimum price can also be a safe guard. What is you cost price per job?

6. Hunty

Hunty Active Member

Hi richard, im in london so i was looking at £1.50 per window with min 10 the point im more making is that where i am starting i have no custies and i see what newbee is saying but where i have none yet i was thinking would 1 x £10 job and 5 x £4 jobs is still £30 for now until i have more custies nd either slowly up the prices or ditch low payers as by the advice here the more windows im cleaning the more chance i have of new custies approaching me to clean there wondows?

See what trying to get at here?

7. Hunty

Hunty Active Member

Thanks for the reply by the way!!!

8. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Do it, you have to pay the bills. Just don’t keep hold of these customers at low prices for any longer than you have to.

You will gain more customers as the weeks/ months go by so do what you have to do. As soon as you have enough numbers to play with, start making changes. By that I mean number of customers, turnover, the time it takes you to service the current round etc

Good luck, but don’t ever charge less than it cost you do clean the windows, and try and make a least some profit.

Richard

( you will make mistakes, but so do I still :) )

9. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Like your thinking hunty I'm from northwest and pricing differs place to place only building up equipment to make a start on window cleaning but resisting the urge to compete at silly low prices there are plenty about this is second time round self employed if you compete on price in the beginning and set the price unrealisticly low to compete with larger or cheaper rivals then the larger company wins as the area they price low is substituted with areas that pay well the small firm you battle with on price may have lower overheads and fewer personal costs and a stash of savings while you play the price war game equipment fails good work passes you by while you focus on the war if the area is under priced look elsewhere and then wait till it picks up again before returning it inevitably will because the cost of living out ways the cheap prices set a price you are happy to work for that will give you the living you. Want as if you price a job low then before you know that custy recommends you but tell your price then before you know it all jobs price themselves

10. Doo

Doo Well-Known Member

I have bought six rounds off family well established , but I stay in the west of scotland, I paid 5,000 for my six runs they take in 1500 per 4 weeks, but most are bread n butter 4.00 per house , but have some nice work £15-£40 per house ....depends where you are cleaning for the high end of my market I must drive 15 miles min , the £4 stuff I could fall out my bed to clean.

Advertisement