Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A TAIL OF HARD AND SOFT

WCF

Help Support WCF:

norm

cleaning a house yesterday front was lovely and sunny unger soft was cleaning like a good one finished front and round to back in the shade soaped up life is good squeegee on oh what just happened?

no matter how i held my squeegee no matter what i did water film left on glass>/emoticons/sad.png(

back to car change to unger hard soap up and we are cleaning sweet as and life is good ish again

checked rubber and cant see anything wrong with it going to try it on my own windows and see what happens

cleaning a house yesterday front was lovely and sunny unger soft was cleaning like a good one finished front and round to back in the shade soaped up life is good squeegee on oh what just happened?no matter how i held my squeegee no matter what i did water film left on glass>/emoticons/sad.png(

back to car change to unger hard soap up and we are cleaning sweet as and life is good ish again

checked rubber and cant see anything wrong with it going to try it on my own windows and see what happens
Was it a first clean mate? I find the soft rubbers don't like first cleans as much as the medium/hard. And it might have been that you caught the dirty side of the house where the sun doesnt get to.

I still use soap but i think pure gives a better finish..i nowadays use a spray bottle and my wagulator as i don't trad much..the bucket holds my tools and cloths etc

cleaning a house yesterday front was lovely and sunny unger soft was cleaning like a good one finished front and round to back in the shade soaped up life is good squeegee on oh what just happened?no matter how i held my squeegee no matter what i did water film left on glass>/emoticons/sad.png(

I've had this just recently myself norm. It was with a regular ordinary squeegee that I've had for ages, and exactly as what happened to you. thought I'd better change the rubber, and low and behold, I had put in a soft when I normally use hard with this squeegee.

I still use soap with pure, but I find it drags a tad.
Yep I kind of think this happens as well, but not sure if it's just the type of glass sometimes, as it works brilliant on some glass, but seems to stick more on others. I have used errors squeegee off n it was great, but think when I use it with pure, it's not so good. Brain tells you that something is not playing ball.

Was it a first clean mate? I find the soft rubbers don't like first cleans as much as the medium/hard. And it might have been that you caught the dirty side of the house where the sun doesnt get to.
no Tolish it is cleaned 2-3 weekly was weird the soft worked great in the sun but not at all the shade. i soaped the window 4 times and it wouldn't squeegee correctly yet changed to hard soaped up and cleaned the window no prob

I've had this just recently myself norm. It was with a regular ordinary squeegee that I've had for ages, and exactly as what happened to you. thought I'd better change the rubber, and low and behold, I had put in a soft when I normally use hard with this squeegee.
it was strange the soft wouldnt work on the shaded window Rugbywolf as it was working great in strong sun i cant see anything wrong with the rubber going to try it on my own windows Saturday

Could be damage on the rubber i cant see or a bad batch of rubber i think

Latest Posts

Back