Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot water systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You ll have a gas leak one day...its inevitable....there's a reason no one will insure you and every gas engineer will tell you to take it out immediately
Im not a prophet, and i certaily never talked to “EVERY gas engineer” about it, that would take some time..
I do know that these things can blow up if the guy installing it is a slop and dont pay attention. Other than that , the only place ive heard about issues is on the Forum. I know a bunch of windowcleaners running these boilers for yrs on end ,no issues. And also know some with expensive diesel and petrol heaters, that have breakdowns, expensive ones, with is better ..? Dont know !, but im not buying this “Diesel is better than gas” statement.

Ive used both so feel like I'm in a position to state what I think is best and safest....

If you do have a leak and explosion you won't be insured...just remember that

Ive used both so feel like I'm in a position to state what I think is best and safest....

If you do have a leak and explosion you won't be insured...just remember that
He is in Denmark so probably uses his set up far more than over here in the UK.

Probably doesn't need heated seats or windscreen either

He is in Denmark so probably uses his set up far more than over here in the UK.

Probably doesn't need heated seats or windscreen either
The point I was making is that you will use your gas heater far more and I assume do regular checks on it for your own safety,

Also, I was having a bit of dig @dazmond who is soft and needs hot water, heated seats, and a heated windscreen because our winters in the UK are so cold must have had about 6 days of minus temps so far it was 11c on Tuseday

The point I was making is that you will use your gas heater far more and I assume do regular checks on it for your own safety,

Also, I was having a bit of dig @dazmond who is soft and needs hot water, heated seats, and a heated windscreen because our winters in the UK are so cold must have had about 6 days of minus temps so far it was 11c on Tuseday

???

Still prefer hot water than cold all year round.hose is more manageable and its just nicer to work with.as for heated drivers seat and windscreen that just came as standard on my van but it's great for drying off at lunchtime on a wet day or just a little bit of comfort on a cold one....

I don't care whether you think I'm soft!I'm 52 and been working outside in all weathers for 36 years!???

???

Still prefer hot water than cold all year round.hose is more manageable and its just nicer to work with.as for heated drivers seat and windscreen that just came as standard on my van but it's great for drying off at lunchtime on a wet day or just a little bit of comfort on a cold one....

I don't care whether you think I'm soft!I'm 52 and been working outside in all weathers for 36 years!???
You aren't much older than me and I have worked outside almost all of my working life, I'm just not as soft as you ?

???

You have hot water? ?

Back