Pricing help

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Brandon, Aug 4, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Okay guys price for windows first clean, 4 weekly and & weekly.

Also price for gutters cleared and cleaned.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Advertisement
  2. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

best to just work it out yourself mate

youll only get a load of conflicting answers

surely you must have an idea how long it will take you

3. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

I can work it out myself, just want a few different opinions to see if I'm close!

What would you charge?

4. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

As much as you can get !
    Offer the best job you can do
    I agree with Adam what's the point in us quoting really ?
    Ok I will £200

5. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

So I have a rough idea of what to charge and go from there, why is this so hard to comprehend?

6. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Well next guy can come on and say I would charge £££ blah blah that's all

7. kevinc250

kevinc250 Well-Known Member

thats the thing,i would quote different to yourself,thats why its pointless to ask this question,i see it all the time when i go on fb,its all pointless really you quote what price you are happy with,the customer accepts everythings then nice and cozey
    you see i would insist that the job is not done on a monthly basis but eight weekly as they do not need a monthly clean(i upsell my services)so that job i see in the photo which i would say is a £22 job becomes a £30 bi monthly-still doing the same amount of cleaning work,just for more money and the customer feels more perceived value for the service,just my opinion

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. mark macca

mark macca Member

I'd charge 200 just for the gutters cleaned as cleared but were I live that's about norm but I agree with others it dnt matter were you live charge what you feel happy with end of the day if it takes you x amount of hours if you happy with x amount per hour then who cares as long as your happy with it

9. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

#9 adamangler, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016

Because these threads come up all the time and the answers always go the same way.

Someone will say a tenner someone will say a grand. Some will day they won't do it at all, other will do it but not on a Sunday or if it's out of the way. Sime might charge less if they need the work others will go really high and chance it. Some will say depends how dirty or how close to other work then there will be arguments about how prices are about area or its just mental. Depends where you are or what car they have in the drive or blah blah you get the idea

The best advice you'll ever hear is work out how long it will take and quote accordingly.

I don't know how much I'd charge as I can't work out all the variables from a picture but as a general guide I tend to quote based on £30 per hour on windows alone and aim for £40 per hour on extras but that can vary depending on if I'm really busy or not and my confidence with that custy. For example I might quote 200 for all the gutters of I'm flat out with work and feeling cocky, I might quote 100 if Ive nothing else to do that day and I sense they won't go that high. And someone else will gone along and completely disagree with me. Which is why it doesn't matter at all what anyone says just find what works for you with pricing.

10. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

May sound harsh but it's true
    Also depends what the customer perceives as value -how much do they want the job done and do they just want you it would they go elsewhere to save £50
    As Adam says it's a straightforward job so estimate your time and rate as a minimum - then try and get but extra on top - good luck let us know ...

Advertisement