Pricing in Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Philibobs, Dec 8, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Philibobs

Philibobs Member

#1 Philibobs, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    I know its a sore topic pricing, how much is this how much is that,
    How much do you want to earn an hour.

My problem is that I have very few customers as I have 2 jobs, but I've found a street that hasn't seen a window cleaner in ages.
    I'm told he charged £5.50 every 2 weeks . so this one end house I said £12 and wipe the frames and cills over too. 7 windows.

But I did 2 other houses 5 windows for few pounds less all monthly.
    If it wasn't for the 1st guy is have had not but feel I let him down bybcharging him more only because I'll turn up a when I say I will and will do a good job.

I suppose I should ask one off or monthly or ask how white do u wantbyour frames, love cleaning, hate pricing.

Any help, advice appreciated, how I should pitch at the door step would be appreciated and I'm sorry for asking, also want to reward 1st customer as I'd have had not without him.

Hear from u all soon.

Advertisement
  2. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Not really sure what your question is mate??
    Everyone has different prices so just do what you and customer are both happy with
    If There's folk on here charge a lot more - don't worry about it - it's your business

3. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Well yorkshire is massive, north yorkshire is one of the more affluent areas in the country, but a lot of yorkshire is rough as a bears ****.

Your question is a bit hard to decipher tbh not sure what youre asking?

4. Philibobs

Philibobs Member

I guess my question is how much an end terrace how much a semi how much a mid terrace? Etc

How do you pitch making frames white or would this be more on 1st clean and keep up to it. Or just wipe it over the frames and cills that is.

I'm thinking am i too expensive?

5. Philibobs

Philibobs Member

Where I live there's a bloke with a fair few water fed vans, and charges £5 a house near me? I got asked by anew customer that she didn't like water pole and how much traditional, and the said I'm double the price. I think she expected it cheaper.

I've a potential street to canvas getting some flyers made up, and then door knocking.

6. adamangler

make your own mind up, depending on how much you want to charge vs what people will pay in the area you want to work.

Want work quicker? lower your prices
    dont want to work for peanuts? go higher

Me personally my standard pricing is

£8 terrace
    £10 3 bed semi
    £12+ detached

minimum of £6 for a front only

add £2 for a conny
    add £2 each for and 8 weekly

when i started i was charging 10,12,14 for the above plus £4 more more connys and £4 more for 8 weekly but had to lower prices a bit to get work and im still expensive for my area my next door neighbours windy charge £4.50 per example

As for the frames, i tell them they will get better over time the more they are cleaned but will come up pretty good with a 1st. If they want them mint and they are stained then thats a different ball game imo charge a one off upvc restoration price.

7. Philibobs

Philibobs Member

I heard £4.50 yesterday and said I can't clean the! For that.

8. Philibobs

Philibobs Member

When you mention conservatory just the windows regardless of how many, and u don't do the whites?

9. adamangler

in an ideal world i would charge by size, but seen as im more desperate for work i only charge a little extra for now, the entire glass and frames excluding the roof

10. Philibobs

Philibobs Member

Back soon, thabknu for your help and advice have a few questions for u, just picking daughter up

Advertisement