pricing my first contract

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by jambo113, Jan 11, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

hi ive got to go and price my first biggish contract up tomorrow for a private hospital and not sure how to go about it, any advice?

thanks james

Advertisement
  2. A.K WINDOWS

go for a £1 per window if at a normal size if there big do them at £2 a window thats what i do anyways.

good luck bro;)

3. 50p smallll window downstair bathroom size, £1 normal sized window, £2 for big living room sized, £2 per set of patio doors

4. laddergarder

give them a copy of your insurance, and photocopy of your licence if you are in Scotland. I usually give two references from current customers, but if you don't have any other commercials that wont really be relevant. Give them a written quotation as well.

Don't tell them the price there and then, take notes and count up the windows, and if you think it is going to be £100+ go away a have a think about the price. Then then give them a written quotation with exactly what is included in the price and the associated cost.

If you have one, a copy of you terms and conditions could be handy, I would also do a risk assessment and give them a copy. We just write down notes about any potential hazards and what it is we do to mitigate the risk.

You also might want to make a note about quotes having to be accepted within a time period, like 28 days.

You may also want to include a welcome letter with information about you payments methods, important information about you business like contact information, operated hours, when you take holidays. Any guarantees about the standard of work you promise.

Hope that helps

Ladder Garder

5. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

that's great thanks for the advice[hr]
    just wondering my insurance only covers upto 1 million i only got that because im mainly doing domestic and small shops. with me doing a hospital do you think i will need more cover or even do some companys insist you have a higher amount of cover e.g 5 million

6. yes 5 million minimum, i have risk assessment templates i can email you if you need them

7. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

yer that would be great thanks ill message you my email adress

8. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

thanks for the template col much appreciated. ive written up my quote and attached the risk assessment to it and emailed it off at the clients request they said ill hear something about the beginning of feb. fingers crossed
    do you think i should post a copy as well or just leave it as it is.

9. no worries, anytime you email anything just ask for confirmation they have received it just to be on th safe side, couldnt hurt to post a copy either

Advertisement