Pricing Up An Apartment Block

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Shads, Aug 22, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Shads

Shads Newcomer

Hi guys i have a little window cleaning round and want to get into cleaning apartment block windows.

I want to but a price in for a block of apartments 4 floors high and has 80 windows , do i price it at per window (small £1 big £2) ?

Do i speak to the letting firm or ?

Risk assessment the only paper work i need ?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

I have just got a small block of flats today i did not price per window i priced how long i thought it would take then put a bit on lol . I did not need or every been asked for a Risk assessment all i needed was insurance .Get some pictures up i am sure we can help

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

like mark, when i priced up my 3 blocks of 78 flats, i did it on a day rate.
    you wouldnt be able to use ladder to clean them tho, as they say no more than a 9m ladder to be used.
    most places would only do 2 floors with the lader and any high with other means.

i always send a risk assesment to the company especially on any commercial jobs, blocks of flats or anything like that really, just makes sure you have covered your back side if anything should happen as you dont have any controll on residents walking in and out of the place, them opening windows at the wrong time, equipemt over peoples cars plus any traffic that will be coming and going from around the blocks.

4. Shads

Shads Newcomer

Thanks for the replys guys and i know a photo of the block would help , put i live in a big city and dont really want to put a photo up of a job i want on a public forum.

The thing i really need help with is , who do i speak to about cleaning the windows.

Thanks.

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

if you would like a idea of pricing the jobs, what you could do it email me and im sure mark wouldnt mind that either and we could give you what we think the price could be.

thats a hard one. u will need to find out who looks after them, it being a letting agent or managment company. best thing to do is speak to some of the tenants and got from there, if they say council then thats a hard one cause in my town the council only cleans the communal rooms and not the flat windows.

6. Honestcleaning

Honestcleaning Well-Known Member

You need to speak to the fm company.

Getting the work isnt easy. Can take years in some cases.

Remember, somone is doing it at the moment so you need to have a good reason to give it you.

Lik the guys above said. Forget the cost per window. It means nothing. Just work out how long it will take you then decide how much you want for that section of your time. I always benefit sell my business, so lay out:

We will clean every 2 months on time every time
    We will confirm our scheduled dates
    We will get feedback from customers and act on comments
    We will send letter to all residents when we win the work explaining that we are the contractor and give contact details

EXPLAIN TO CUSTOMERS IN WRITING the method you will use ie. for H&S you will have to use WFP. So explain the process and benefits of it - This will get customers on your side.

After 1st clean I go and talk to residents and get feedback. I also always find key tenants in the blocks. It will usually be the ones that come out and pester you. Get them on your side. They will be key to winning and keeping the work.

Advertisement