Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A Few Tips

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CNS-southwest

I am after a few tips following on from my commercial yesterday, I finished all the windows and frames, went bk round after and they were marked and smeary especially where I detailed.

Ended up buffering them all up with another scrim.

The only thing I did different was use my pre mixed cleaner in a spray bottle rather than carrying a bucket through their office....

I use a mix of ecover, vinegar and water

Thanks

Dave

Happened to me before on a domestic.

Make sure when you detail, either with a scrim or fine weve microfibre, is to use a dry one to detail with.

Other thing I can think of, is you used a spray bottle, which means your applicator is too soapy and not getting enough water??

I stopped using mine cause of that reason,

Hmmm could be or maybe I put too much soap/vinegar to water in.....

Might have a little play tomorrow on my windows and see what I can come up with

If thats the case, I would just carry on where I would spray onto the window use applictor then squeegee off, rather then spray onto the applicator then use....

Probably too much soap added to the water, I had the other day dropped the bottle in the bucket and too lazy to tip it away and start again cause me no end of trouble. Have you changed your rubbers recently.

I don't think it is the mix, you prob mixed it right.

But its when it sprays out, it makes it more soapy if you get what I mean.

Your applicator needs to be wet but not soaking wet, just as you would on a normal clean...

Back