Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What pump do I need?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Carts69

Hi, just wondering what pump I need, I wish to pump pure water from a holding tank down a approx 50 metre hose length & into a van tank, do I purchase the submersible type or... will the pump that came with my 4021 system work for this task? Cheers

You need a submersible pump at that distance or it would take forever and a day

Titan one from screwfix is only 50 quid and works well for me

You will need to sort out fittings to make it fit smaller diameter hose as it usually takes 22mm or a bit bigger

If you are trying to fill your van tank with pure water form your static tank then it will take ages if you use 1/2" garden hose, I use flexible pond hose form http://amazon.co.uk do a search for flexible pond hose their is 2 sellers who I have bought from in the past Spares2go & First4spares they also sell the barbed hose joiner.

The hose they sell is really flexible a bit like the waste hose on the back of a washing machine so it doesn't split and I have drove over in my 2 ton truck and its still like new and had it for years now. I think I have the 38mm and the 32mm as i have to different sizes joined together takes around 5 mintues to transfer 300ltrs along 30 metres of hose into my truck tank.

I will second that the Titan pump is a good un nice and quiet as well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Ah, thanks iron giant, normal garden hose is what I was going to use, I best get the stuff you have, 300 litres in around 5 minutes?? Now that's a transfer rate I like the sound of!

Back