pricing windows

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by HALTON, Sep 3, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. HALTON

HALTON Well-Known Member

pricing game how much front and side of this
    each area is different i know but looking at a average price.
    and how you priced it per window or how long etc.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Reach For The Glass

Reach For The Glass Well-Known Member

3. Den

Den Forum Addict

4. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

£8 round here

5. spruce

spruce Grand Master

We would try for between £9 and £10 in the North East. In Skelton it would be £9 and in Guisborough it would be £10.

-

6. HALTON

HALTON Well-Known Member

ok thanks guys
    how do you get to these prices as i was thinking 20p per window so two top openers thats 40p then bottom window 20p so thats 60p for the first section of window then round up t £1 so £1 per section thats £3 top £3 bottom only £6.00
    so if back was same what would you charge?

7. Jamesndc

Jamesndc Member

I would do that £8-£10 4 weekly cycle

Like spruce I'm based in north east however in Newcastle upon Tyne.

I know many lads here who would do it for less, probably even half the price I would charge. But wouldn't touch Upvc frames doors etc.

Good to see people charging decent prices here in north east.

8. spruce

spruce Grand Master

You are getting too complicated IMHO. Many tried to use the £1 per window, £2 for a bay £1 for the door, £4 for an average conservatory etc and then added extra for obstacles and difficulties. I couldn't mentally tot up each pane of glass as I was walking around the house with the customer. Theoretically, you should add traveling time to get there and back as well.

What we are up against is customer perception. When we first started we had a customer with a conservatory on the back of his house. We charged £7.50. We then pushed the price up to £8.50 and he wasn't happy but tolerated it. We kept that price for years and then raised it to £10.00. We would charge £12 for that job now. He cancelled straight away. Last year he was still looking everywhere for a cleaner that would do it for £7.50.

He is now retired, new car (Astra) with a personalised number plate and plays golf at the local club several times a week. He's a member there. But he sees anything more than £7.50 is a rip off for window cleaning. Both he and his wife are nice people but we don't need them as customers.

ATM we have too many customers, so we price high as we don't need the work. But we also need to keep a reputation. We don't need news spreading that we charge extortionate prices.

There are also areas that we can get a better price for than the same house in other areas. We stay away from Loftus for example as prices for a 3 bed semi are still around £5. People are poor there as any disposable income goes on cigs and booze.

-

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Front and side £7-8

Full house £12

4 weekly

On how I come to that figure is simple.

It looks similar to most others I do at that price.

10. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

£10 front and sides. Although I've not been cleaning for a while now I would have charged around that.

Advertisement