pricing

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by richard123456, Apr 15, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. richard123456

richard123456 Member

saw on the forums by buzz canvassing to charge £1 per window and £2 for bay windows. (I do all the frames as well)
    anyone else price jobs up like this? and i am assuming bay windows are the ones that stick out of the house?
    and thats £1 for any window? I don't want to make things complicated

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

ha funny that as I used that formulae yesterday...told her £7 and she said....I will meet you there at 12...yeh as if...

anyway got back tired..I started at 7AM today , so thought have a little snooze ..it was 12 but I reckoned she was coming back for her dinner hour...er...I woke up at one....yawn..

so I put the note through for £8 as they were dirty...

she phoned back tonight still trying to pin me to a time....anyway I am on strike at the mo so said monday 10.30 so she said..okay ..I will nip back to pay you...

I just hope I am there for 10.30...yawn...:)

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Greens thread is a good idea for pricing
    I have my method which is if it is half hours work charge half of what you expect to earn in an hour
    I don't charge extra for first cleans but i do base my prices on the amount of time it takes to clean when i first turn up
    So if custy is in and first clean takes 30 minutes but subsequent cleans only take 20 i am still charging 30 minutes work
    Experience will give you a pretty good idea how long a job will take

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

keep in your mind a bottom line that you wont go below no matter what. mines £5

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Mines a tenner boar
    I go below it in special circumstances ie: 2 bed next to an existing customer etc but won't quote a normal job for under £10

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

a good tip to avoid the low price trap is when somebody calls you ,say can i call you back as im up a ladder. this will give you a breather space to THINK things thru before you say a price .
    if you are out on the street and are approached ,say i will jus finish this and then come see you-yet again giving you time to think and give out a higher price than what was in your mind

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. TolishAPurd

This is exactly what I do. It also has the bonus of making you appear less desperate, which is not a bad thing.

9. TolishAPurd

A pound a window is too cheap IMO, its been that for far too long now. 1.20 or more depending on the style is closer to the mark.

10. James Allen

James Allen Well-Known Member

Think I need to re - evaluate things :(

Advertisement