Pricing

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by moliere, Apr 12, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. moliere

moliere Member

Hi guys,

I'm getting mixed feelings about this but I was just wondering what i should charge per window?

I live just outside the Guildford area in Surrey, I was thinking £1.50 per window as a rough guide?

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

Hello mate a lot of pricing is location I lived in shepperton which is approx. 15 miles up the road from you and I know Guildford has it nice areas I also did a lot of work around there but ( over 20 years ago ) every job is different £1.50 can work no problem but I have found this is always a rough guild to pricing,

3. OoO

OoO Guest

You can try but if your new starting out you may need to offer cheaper prices to attract customers.

We have all done it.

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I just price it by how long it will take, fuel cost, travelling time. The pound per widow or 1.50 per window can come back and bit you in the a-hole

5. moliere

moliere Member

Cheers guys much appreciated i guess its a case of feeling the water.

6. vespawho

vespawho Active Member

Hey Mark, I used to live in Sunbury on Thames, I moved down to the New Forest in 1999.....Small world!!

7. johnny bravo

if you have an idea of how long to clean a house just price it by time to clean, you should have a rough idea of pricing by the size of the house, this will come naturally you can also underprice. it will all come with experience

8. harunh

harunh Legend

price on how long it will take u :)

9. johnny bravo

yes h, you must know how long it will take you to clean a house by looking at it, how dirty , acess, if ladders needed, its all experience.

10. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

You should be charging per hour mate, I'm in Heathrow and aim for around £140 a day (5-6 hours working) and I think you could aim for £140 ish for a 4-5 hour day over your way.

Advertisement