Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello everybody!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Peter Davenport

I have a Brodex 250 litre system that uses resin to clean the water. I'm looking for a way to heat the water so the question is, how do I do this???

I'm looking at a Webasto Vevo/Veveo top.

Is this suitable and if so how do I go about setting it up and what's the deal with running it day to day???

Thanks

Pete

And here is the internals of a diesel heater.

View attachment 5529

If you are going to build your own then you have to be extremely careful with regard to which Webasto heater you use. This is the Thermo Top C which is a popular single operator heater in the wfp industry. Many of the used heaters on EBay are vehicle specific so will only work in that vehicle. (The electronics and the vehicle's ECU talk to each other. Remove one and the heater won't work. A new universal motherboard is around £199.00 from Turkey.)

You need to look for a Universal unit, or one that has been in a boat or caravan. I also think the units that were fitted in the Citroen C8 and the Rover 75's were OK to use but please don't take my word for it. Don't always believe the scrappies that tell you that the unit it tried and tested.

Eberspatcher also make a cabbie heater as well (Webasto bought out Eberspatcher a few years ago) and most of their product is universal. However there aren't as popular as Webasto units.

Back