Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

replacement gardiner pole advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

sambo

Ok so I have been using my CLX pole for 10 months now and managed to crack the second section of the pole (1st and 2nd being heavily used comparatively) at the base and it creaks a bit in the air now so worried it will break for good and slowing me down by making sure it oesnt overextend on that section- thinking through my options what do people think of the following:

buy replacement clx section for £40 quid

replace pole for SLX for £240. Use old pole for gutter work/spare etc.

bearing in mind I use the the pole mainly on 2 storey houses is it worth getting an slx? saying that I do use full pole plus an extension a couple of times a day, especially over extension roofs and find it a bit whippy. How much better is an slx?

Will be sticking with gardiner as have quicloc brushes etc already.

Any advice welcome

Same old question, same advise /emoticons/biggrin.png

Go for an SLX22 and don't be so rough with it.

If the CLX is still OK and just that section damaged then replace that section and keep it as a second pole. I have a CLX22 and and SLX22. The CLX has an Extreme soft brush on it and my SLX has a Supreme dual trim. I don't like the play in the Quickloc coupling.

I mainly use the SLX for cleaning the odd fascia and gutter as its more rigid. But it gets flushed out regularly and certainly after a gutter clean. I have occasionally flushed it during cleans.

so when you say you mainly use slx for high up work or horizontal eg fascias and gutters does that mean you use the clx for most windows? This is what my question is getting at - I know the slx is meant to be a lot more rigid etc but was wondering if that makes a big difference on the average semi? If it will speed me up then even by 5% or result in less chance of muscle strain then I would be up for it

I'd get a SLX 18 and a SLX 22, SLX 18 I use for 90% of work, Gardiners claim that the 22 is only 180 grams heavier than the 18 that's rubbish there is a marked difference in weight don't like using the 22 if I don't need it.

I'd get a SLX 18 and a SLX 22, SLX 18 I use for 90% of work, Gardiners claim that the 22 is only 180 grams heavier than the 18 that's rubbish there is a marked difference in weight don't like using the 22 if I don't need it.
Why would you get both?

If your gonna get two poles it wouldn't be two poles that are similar in height?

Why would you get both?
If your gonna get two poles it wouldn't be two poles that are similar in height?
Less wear and tear 22 is too heavy for most houses when you've got to reach across cars and conny's just not needed.

Currently use clx22 with #6 extension and only find it too heavy on near horizontal over the extension type windows when it is fully extended. Probably why I cracked mine trying to clean stupidly designed houses...

Currently use clx22 with #6 extension and only find it too heavy on near horizontal over the extension type windows when it is fully extended. Probably why I cracked mine trying to clean stupidly designed houses...
get an slx mate, mint I have 18 and 25 but cant be bothered using 18 I just use 25 all the time, great pole, no issues, all the best

Less wear and tear 22 is too heavy for most houses when you've got to reach across cars and conny's just not needed.
Yeah I have an 18, 25 and 35,

But why would you buy an 18 AND a 22??? That's crazy???

The 25 makes more sense as it will reach higher windows Easy, the 18 would be perfect for all normal houses, and if you need higher, then a 35 is good,

But why would you buy two poles that are almost the same in height???

I've gone for the x treme 22 as on sale and thought buy right buy once and all that. Have a bit of a shoulder problem so thought would push the boat out and get that to reduce strain. Looking at pole dimensions my slx #6 extension will fit it if I need extra length. Will report back once I've used it

Yeah I have an 18, 25 and 35,
But why would you buy an 18 AND a 22??? That's crazy???

The 25 makes more sense as it will reach higher windows Easy, the 18 would be perfect for all normal houses, and if you need higher, then a 35 is good,

But why would you buy two poles that are almost the same in height???
Makes perfect sense to me, there are 2 of us the 22 reaches everything we can't reach with the 18, never had a job that required a 25 so getting a 25 seems crazy to me???

22 doesn't reach 3 story windows or the loft windows that are set back at all for me, most people use a 25-30 for 3 study work, you must be very tall reaching that high with a 22!

Latest Posts

Back