Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Millionaires?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

derek

I'm just intrested to see if anyone has became a millionaire through doing the windys?

Obviously boys like Greig Avinou etc have got to be proper millionaires just intrested to see if there are any real rags to riches storys?

/emoticons/smile.png

I wish I only been going 6 months .

But it comes down to how far you yourself want to take a business anyone can build a million pound business

Just look at all the businesses out there they all started somewhere .

Not every business started with thousands of pounds from investors you need the drive and determination to want to succeed .

I wouldnt say I would like to make a million in this business but then again I am in this business for a reason .

My ex mrs brother used to go out with the daughter of the bloke who founded the carphonewarehouse

He and a friend started with 6k each in a rented flat .

The world is your oyster the only thing stopping you is yourself !!!!

This is my mentality from now on if I want something it is up to me to do it no one is going to hand it to me .

Anyone can be, but it all depends on expense. For example, will you go and knock doors, call into commercial properties, send letters out, make phone calls, chase up, tender for projects?! If not, then you might need a salesman or someone to help.

I know of a few windys in Leeds who aren't that far off, drive around in Ferrari's and top of the range Jags..Up themselves though, and only young too. One guy is in his early 30s...

Anyone can be, but it all depends on expense. For example, will you go and knock doors, call into commercial properties, send letters out, make phone calls, chase up, tender for projects?! If not, then you might need a salesman or someone to help.
I know of a few windys in Leeds who aren't that far off, drive around in Ferrari's and top of the range Jags..Up themselves though, and only young too. One guy is in his early 30s...
I think I know who you are on about? how big is there company ? its commercial only lot I'm sure ?

always said i wantedto be a millionaire by the time im 40, i turned 29 at the start of this month so got time! lol

but in all seriousness dont think ive ever had as much savings as i do now, and i used to earn a nice screw wen i was window fitting, i know a guy in my town ( friend of my dads ) who started up in 1975 with not 1 customer and by 1980 he had 6 blokes working for him and by 1990 he had 15 windys on the books, now hes branched out into office cleans and domestic cleans, he now has 25 windys working for him and about 50 girls that clean for him and he is a MULTI millionaire! real down to earth bloke aswell often sends a bit of work my way, he even used to clean shops for FREE! if other windys were in the area trying to take his work untill they went elsewhere ( u cant compete with a free clean now can u lol )

so post this again in 11 years and i,ll let u know wat it feels like to have a million in the bank! lol

I think I know who you are on about? how big is there company ? its commercial only lot I'm sure ?
There is a few of them, I won't name them. One of them has got over 3000 properties in Harrogate. Has commercial too, and does work for councils West Yorkshire. Has his own cherry pickers, but like I said, he and others are boasters, like to show off what they have. Don't like that type.

I wish I only been going 6 months .
But it comes down to how far you yourself want to take a business anyone can build a million pound business

Just look at all the businesses out there they all started somewhere .

Not every business started with thousands of pounds from investors you need the drive and determination to want to succeed .

I wouldnt say I would like to make a million in this business but then again I am in this business for a reason .

My ex mrs brother used to go out with the daughter of the bloke who founded the carphonewarehouse

He and a friend started with 6k each in a rented flat .

The world is your oyster the only thing stopping you is yourself !!!!

This is my mentality from now on if I want something it is up to me to do it no one is going to hand it to me .
Why wouldnt you want to make a million in this game ? making a million has got to be everyones ambition whatever game they are in or is that just me ?

always said i wantedto be a millionaire by the time im 40, i turned 29 at the start of this month so got time! lol
but in all seriousness dont think ive ever had as much savings as i do now, and i used to earn a nice screw wen i was window fitting, i know a guy in my town ( friend of my dads ) who started up in 1975 with not 1 customer and by 1980 he had 6 blokes working for him and by 1990 he had 15 windys on the books, now hes branched out into office cleans and domestic cleans, he now has 25 windys working for him and about 50 girls that clean for him and he is a MULTI millionaire! real down to earth bloke aswell often sends a bit of work my way, he even used to clean shops for FREE! if other windys were in the area trying to take his work untill they went elsewhere ( u cant compete with a free clean now can u lol )

so post this again in 11 years and i,ll let u know wat it feels like to have a million in the bank! lol
The more you have the more you want. It can be so much hassle trying to run a big company, specially in cleaning. One cleaner goes AWOL, or does something that they shouldn't it can bring down a company's rep. Takes a long time to build a reputable company, but can take a second to ruin it. Don't mean to sound pessimistic, but if you don't mind all that grief, then it might be for you. Personally, nice and simple (like me) is best.

Sounds like he's got the right idea though, when your a big fish in the pond you can do what you want to the little fish

Anyone can offer free window cleans but that on its own is not going to make you a fortune is it now? :rolleyes:

Anyone can offer free window cleans but that on its own is not going to make you a fortune is it now? :rolleyes:
course not, but its good business sense when the beer windys are out to take your regular work for peanuts

true but he already had an established round(s) he was just doing it for free till the other windys stopped trying to take his shops, while he was cleaning a few shops for free he prob had 6-10 windys out working earning him cash, i know him really well and the blokes got a good head for buisness

always said i wantedto be a millionaire by the time im 40, i turned 29 at the start of this month so got time! lolbut in all seriousness dont think ive ever had as much savings as i do now, and i used to earn a nice screw wen i was window fitting, i know a guy in my town ( friend of my dads ) who started up in 1975 with not 1 customer and by 1980 he had 6 blokes working for him and by 1990 he had 15 windys on the books, now hes branched out into office cleans and domestic cleans, he now has 25 windys working for him and about 50 girls that clean for him and he is a MULTI millionaire! real down to earth bloke aswell often sends a bit of work my way, he even used to clean shops for FREE! if other windys were in the area trying to take his work untill they went elsewhere ( u cant compete with a free clean now can u lol )

The more you have the more you want. It can be so much hassle trying to run a big company, specially in cleaning. One cleaner goes AWOL, or does something that they shouldn't it can bring down a company's rep. Takes a long time to build a reputable company, but can take a second to ruin it. Don't mean to sound pessimistic, but if you don't mind all that grief, then it might be for you. Personally, nice and simple (like me) is best.
Don't you mean clean n simple /emoticons/smile.png like me /emoticons/tongue.png

I'm just intrested to see if anyone has became a millionaire through doing the windys?
Obviously boys like Greig Avinou etc have got to be proper millionaires just intrested to see if there are any real rags to riches storys?

/emoticons/smile.png
I’m sure there are a few; million cash or million net worth?

Food for thought though, in the UK there are about 300,000 millionaires; this is about 0.6 percent, of 1 percent of the UK population, or around 1 individual in every 200. (My figures will be out of date by 1-2 years)

Richard

I’m sure there are a few; million cash or million net worth?Food for thought though, in the UK there are about 300,000 millionaires; this is about 0.6 percent, of 1 percent of the UK population, or around 1 individual in every 200. (My figures will be out of date by 1-2 years)

Richard
I'm talking about multi millionaires either in net worth or cash rich?, So it is possible then with determination, hard work and time to build a really successful window cleaning company ?

A lot of glass to clean to become a multi millionaire!! I'd say you would just need to canvass employ canvass employ canvass employ and keep doing that

I know a few millionaires to speak to they don't flash the cash like .

They ain't even got a windy the one of em drives a knackered old r reg golf cabriolet .

I know a few millionaires to speak to they don't flash the cash like .They ain't even got a windy the one of em drives a knackered old r reg golf cabriolet .
I am one of them, a secret millionaire /emoticons/wink.png

Back