Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Loosing Customers To Wfp Guys

Just to remind you GM the title of this post is "Loosing Customers To Wfp Guys". By the way I can do both.

And yes I have gained loads of work from trad only guys and may I add have not lost one customer either due to using wfp.

Like someone else has already said trad & wfp are just tools of are trade so no big deal.... /emoticons/biggrin.png

we are all forgetting the main reason we do wfp cleaning, the dangers falling off a ladder can do to you, never never try to clean at height quicker than you normally do because you think someone is seeing how fast you work, you only need to overstretch or the scary dielema is that you have let the rubber feet on your ladders wear down so much that your ladders could slip and cause you to fall, you may not get back up again. remember we are all getting one of the best hourly rates of pay , in any job around town, for very little skill and quallifications or years studying at college or uni. compare your hourly rate to the average £6.90. this is why we do what we do. be it wfp or trad. sometimes its a pain in the backside especially winter. spring summer we will all notice the newbies coming out, good luck to them.

when using a backpack theres no hoses to worry about, its all compact.just add pole and clean,pick up or wheel back to vehicle.done no messing. i know for a fact if i did all full houses wfp a lot would stop me and get a traditional cleaner, but if i stopped doing them they would have no choice as to who ever canvassed next to clean them his way.

I agree it's not all about speed but using the most appropriate tools for the job to minimise risk to yourself and others also to avoid damaging ppls property.

Also I don't go clambering over locked gates, fences, garage roofs to gain access to rear of domestic properties. Or clamber over pitched roof tiles to try clean awkward window unlike so many trad only guys do with ladders just trying to earn a few quid

we are all forgetting the main reason we do wfp cleaning' date=' the dangers falling off a ladder can do to you, never never try to clean at height quicker than you normally do because you think someone is seeing how fast you work, you only need to overstretch or the scary dielema is that you have let the rubber feet on your ladders wear down so much that your ladders could slip and cause you to fall, you may not get back up again. remember we are all getting one of the best hourly rates of pay , in any job around town, for very little skill and quallifications or years studying at college or uni. compare your hourly rate to the average £6.90. this is why we do what we do. be it wfp or trad. sometimes its a pain in the backside especially winter. spring summer we will all notice the newbies coming out, good luck to them.[/quote']

In a America we've got traditional guys who bash WFP window cleaners. It's a selling point for them. "We clean windows the traditional way!" Their web site will say WE DON'T USE WATER FED POLES. Some folks view wfp as a short cut just to make more money faster. This is why I never do the ground floor by hand. I think doing the ground floor by hand tells the customer that I used the quicker less effective method upstairs, laziness, and the good more thorough method downstairs. The best method should be used on all the windows not some of the windows. JMO

PS

I want every window I clean to look awesome. If WFP didn't achieve great results I wouldn't use it. My web site braggs about how great it is but one bullet point does state that sometimes I use scrub pads, and a razor from a ladder when it's been awhile sinse the last cleaning. That's usually over three years. /emoticons/smile.png

when using a backpack theres no hoses to worry about' date=' its all compact.just add pole and clean,pick up or wheel back to vehicle.done no messing. i know for a fact if i did all full houses wfp a lot would stop me and get a traditional cleaner, but if i stopped doing them they would have no choice as to who ever canvassed next to clean them his way.[/quote']I have to agree. I use a backpack that I actually wear on my back and there is zero set up time. I can do about 10 windows with two panes of glass each with 16 leters in about 30 minutes. Bada bing bada boom /emoticons/wink.png

PS

I do the doors by hand so I don't leave a big puttle of water on the door stoop.

my ladders are on the car already, my scrims and cloths are in the car also, i get up get in the car and go to work, when i get there i grab the ladders off the van,(bungeed on), and i clean, while your still unreeling your hose
I would be away walking to the first house before you had your ladders off.. All I need is a pole in 1 hand, hose in the other, straight to the house connect up and happy days.. I'd have the first window done by time ur getting up the ladders, then I'd be sitting in the van packed up having a smoke waiting for you to finish!

But all depends on what kind of house your thinking about as it could be different to what I'm thinking about.. I do still have 2 streets I do by ladders as its quicker... But everywhere else it has sped us up

I would be away walking to the first house before you had your ladders off.. All I need is a pole in 1 hand, hose in the other, straight to the house connect up and happy days.. I'd have the first window done by time ur getting up the ladders, then I'd be sitting in the van packed up having a smoke waiting for you to finish!
But all depends on what kind of house your thinking about as it could be different to what I'm thinking about.. I do still have 2 streets I do by ladders as its quicker... But everywhere else it has sped us up
Smoking in a work van , call the smoking polis /emoticons/wink.png/emoticons/biggrin.png

blah blah blah, read my posts before replying, iv always backed up my points, havent bashed wfp once,(although there are as many negatives to the wfp system as there is trad), and as iv said in 3 seperate posts yes wfp is a bit quicker on the glass but NOT 3X FASTER,

no mate, it takes me about 5 seconds to get the ladders off, you have to go to the back of the van get your pole out, hoses, warning signs, connect the hose etc, by which point id alread be cleaning the first window, you'd probably catch me up on the second, then overtake me on the 3rd, however id be as quick as you on the downstairs windows so you would probably finish a couple of minutes ahead of me, as iv said i dont doubt wfp is faster, or that you can get more done per day, but not as much as some people are making out.

Well the last time I was working opposite a trad guy on a row of terraced houses doing fronts I finish 4 while he was just starting his second one. And may I add I wasn't rushing either. Even that trad guy came over to ask later where I had got my wfp gear from as he mentioned he was peed off climbing ladders every day. /emoticons/biggrin.png

again individual examples mean nothing, as i said iv out paced wfp guys on the same houses at times, it depends on the individual cleaners and the properties being cleaned, but to be able to go 3x faster then me you would have to be cutting corners/not rinsing properly etc

just because you were quicker with your wfp then those traddies were doesnt mean its always the case, those traddies may have been slow and like i said, you might not be cleaning properly with the wfp.

so you were quicker then the traddies on those houses, well i pulled up at a job the other day, 2 wfp guys were already there unreeling their hoses, i pulled up, got the ladders off and cleaned an identical house on my own, was finished before them. so it depends on all sorts, the speed of the cleaners, the type of property, wether the wfp is van or trolley mounted,etc,etc.

but i stand by my comment, iv worked with wfp's before and iv watched plenty at work and i promise you wfp is not 3x faster then trad, your the one living in a dream world mate
I've also arrived at a house the same time as a wfp chap & was well away before him. From taking ladders off to starting a window takes me 30 seconds. Buckets already full. This chap was about 2-3 mins getting his trolley out & filling it up and getting his pole out. His hose kept getting caught round back as trolley was to big to get through gate. Then was another 2 mins putting it away. I reckon I can be ready to clean as quick as 75% of wfp guys. I know how hard it is sometimes to reel in a garden hose. I'm not saying its quicker but being ready I think takes less time. Cleaning the window may be quicker tho.

well i didnt mean to start arguments about 3x faster, but i do trad with a ladder and i do wfp.

but personally im 3x faster with wfp than when i do it trad. Its a lot safer than using a ladder you can work on your own

i know you have extra time to filter and fill up but i think its a faster safer day using wfp and no ladders.

Don’t worry rjs as its only a bit of friendly banter amongst friends /emoticons/wink.png

Back