Problem With Vyair Digital Pump Controller

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by jaywig, May 4, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jaywig

jaywig Newcomer

I have a Vyair digital pump controller connected to a pressure switch on my pump. I keep getting DE (dead end) messages on the pump controller. I have increased the cal value on the pump controller but this has only solved the problem temporarily.

I've checked the pipes and fittings for blockages and they're all clear. I've dismantled, cleaned and reassembled the pump but this hasn't helped.

Does anybody know what might be causing the DE message? Shall I replace the pressure switch?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

Advertisement
  2. Ssierragls

Ssierragls Active Member

DE is nothing to do with the pressure switch, its the controller sensing the flow is stopping and turns the pump off. What pump are you using it with, and what is the flow and cal set at?

Have you tried doing the auto CAL?

3. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

what flow are you using it on and pencils or fan jets

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

DE means Dead End, more than likely that you have an airlock somewhere.

5. jaywig

jaywig Newcomer

Thanks for the info re the DE message.

I'm using an E-Chen pump. Similar to this one http://www.e-chen.com.cn/En_ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=466

I'm had to lower the CAL sensitivity just to get the pump to work. It's at 99. I've tried auto CAL but after 5 minutes it was still flashing away. How long should it take?

I think it might be an airlock as some of the hoses from the tank to the reel are leaky. I'll seal the leaks and see if that helps.

6. jaywig

jaywig Newcomer

I'm using fan jets.

It could be an airlock as I do have some leaky hoses between the tank and reel so air is getting in. I'll seal the leaks and see how I get on.

Thanks for your help.

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

hope you get it sorted out!

8. Ssierragls

Ssierragls Active Member

Try doing a manual calibration start at 50 and see if it still DE still cuts in when the flow is on, if it does lower the cal some more

9. jaywig

jaywig Newcomer

I've tried the manual calibration and it works fine but I get the DE message when disconnect the hose from the pole, drive to the next house and reconnect. I have a small leak in the hose from the tank to the pump and one from the pump to the reel. Could it be these letting air into the system and causing the problem?

The cal value has to be at 98 or 99 for the DE message to stop appearing. I have to have the flo rate at 55+ in order to avoid getting a DE message. Any lower than this and it just wont work! It's really annoying me now. Do I need a new controller?

10. jaywig

jaywig Newcomer

I've tried the manual calibration and it works fine but I get the DE message when disconnect the hose from the pole, drive to the next house and reconnect. I have a small leak in the hose from the tank to the pump and one from the pump to the reel. Could it be these letting air into the system and causing the problem?

The cal value has to be at 98 or 99 for the DE message to stop appearing. I have to have the flo rate at 55+ in order to avoid getting a DE message. Any lower than this and it just wont work! It's really annoying me now. Do I need a new controller?

Advertisement