Problems converting from 1 man to 2 man wfp van setup

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Podrikk007, Apr 9, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Podrikk007

Podrikk007 Well-Known Member

Hi. What's the correct way to setup 2 pumps from 1 water tank? I have two sets of everything. I put a hozelock y piece in after the tank , then into 2 strainers, pumps,hoses. But for some reason they won't work properly. If I unplug the pipe from the reel, the water comes out. If I plug it back In. The water seems to stop and pumps run dry. They both work seperately, just not together. Thanks for your replys

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

put a pic up,

are they both at the same height, are both pumps the same, i run two reels of 1 pump try that and see if it is still working

are they both running of same battery,

3. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

I run 2 off one pump also with no probs

4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I think it might be the y piece, try changing it back so there is one pump being fed from the outlet, and put a bit of hose for the other pump down into the tank through the lid. If that works, you will have to try and cobble together something more permanent.

There was a thread on here ages ago about someone setting up a 2 man system and i suggested that the 1 pump should handle it, but he rightly pointed out that if using 2 reels off 1 pump and a pump controller, the flow is going to be erratic. If the pump controller is set just so, for 2 men using it, when 1 stops their flow, the other is going to suddenly get a big boost in water flow. So i think what you are trying to is the best way, if you can get it to work!.

5. mark m

mark m Hero

i think we are all tight hear:D because i also run 2 off one pump and never had a problem

6. View attachment 397

Here's my set up. I've previously put this pic on here and you can see that the pumps are in line with pump 1 (on the left) taking the feed from the hose line then going out under the van to the van port. Hope this helps a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. sounds like a blockage somewhere.

I run 3 off of a 100 psi Shurflo pump no problem

8. Have you got 2 pump controllers?

9. Podrikk007

Podrikk007 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your replys, I have sorted it. How? Bought another tank, lol. I took the new lad out with me today and if I take away the 2 hours i took trying to fix everything on site, we ran out of water at 12. So had a quick look on eBay and managed to get someone to end another 400l upright tank early. £80. Like new. All good. Just need to work another long day!!

10. AS Window Cleaning

AS Window Cleaning Active Member

I put bigger outlet in my tank, so instead of Swear word!py little pipe coming out, it's got 1 inch pipe, split into 2 12mm to my 2 pumps. plenty of water reaching the pump then.

Advertisement