Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Eyesight / glasses/ this job

B

boarcity

just been chattin with friends about eyesight and this job. iv never seen a windie with glasses , have you?

im thinking that you need to be able to focus on the glass surface [and not look thru it] to check for cleanliness. by doing this focussing you use you eye muscles a lot more than what is usual, hence it makes your eye vision better than average. what dyou reckon ?

I have just been prescribed reading glasses at 0.25 (I think) but I forget to wear them as I can see to read without them. They said as time goes on I will find myself reaching for them more often. Personally I don't like them. I can see the computer with them on but if anyone speaks to me and I look up I can't see a thing.

do you wear them out cleaning, in the job though? one of my ex employees had a pair but couldnt wear them when working, couldnt focus if my memories correct

I wear glasses but got them before I became a windy, too many years in customer service sitting infront of a monitor. I do wear them when cleaning but my lenses are anti glare which is a big help over specs that aren't.

funny you should post this boar as thursday was the first day I can ever remember wearing my specs...I have always been as blind as the proverbial bat and always hate wearing my beer goggles...not bothered at home obviously but...

I ER...lost my glasses in the wicked witches hedge last year and so I had to get some new ones..

I HATE shopping or any thing which removes me from the comfort zone of my chair but after the worst six hours of my life I have new contacts and two pairs of new glasses and I paid extra for the thinnest lense and so thursday ..a 6am start I carried on in my specs all day....of course no one saw me ...as you know I am a sneaky windy ...actually the last two did catch me but didnt notice.

I must admit I prefer my contacts as glasses can get knocked off but I worked okay in them..after awhile I just forgot I was wearing them and looking at the glass didnt bother me at all..

If you're prescribed glasses to correct your vision, then not wearing the glasses is NOT going to make your eyesight better than average.

Wearing 'reading' glasses are fine for when working up-close to the glass....but your vision will become less focussed the further you move away.

seems this thread attracts posters with failin eyesight ! a mecca for them by all accounts

Wow is they a window cleaner out there that don't secretly have glasses ?

Ow yei me lol

Makes no difference really, the only time glasses are a pain is in the rain, I never wear my lenses in case the need for chemical use comes up.

Im short sighted and wear glasses for driving most i portantly but i dont need them for window cleaning being so close to the window

I wear glasses when i start getting a headache

Perfect 20/20 vision but have a stigmatism which is the curvature of my eyes isn't 100% how it should be which causes slight blurring to the edges of things like road signs from a distance etc which strains my eyes causing headaches

I wear glasses when i start getting a headachePerfect 20/20 vision but have a stigmatism which is the curvature of my eyes isn't 100% how it should be which causes slight blurring to the edges of things like road signs from a distance etc which strains my eyes causing headaches
Exactly the same as me, have to wear mine all the time.

Mine isn't an issue as i can read number plates at the right distance to be legal driving without them and i can't get on with working with them on

Latest Posts

Back