Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter cleaning poles

DCCleaner

Evening folk,

Do most aluminum poles have slitted / cut ends where they connect to each other to allow the clamp to tighten up ?

Reason I ask is I bought some from GCS and couldn't tighten the buggers up sufficiently to stop them spinning round while in us and separating when placed on the ground which made for a few hairy moments when raising them to work height !!

Don't see how they work if not cut to allow movement in the pole diameter.

Cheers

Hi there, try putting the fixing band over both tubes and then tighten up./emoticons/wink.png

Evening folk,
Do most aluminum poles have slitted / cut ends where they connect to each other to allow the clamp to tighten up ?

Reason I ask is I bought some from GCS and couldn't tighten the buggers up sufficiently to stop them spinning round while in us and separating when placed on the ground which made for a few hairy moments when raising them to work height !!

Don't see how they work if not cut to allow movement in the pole diameter.

Cheers

Mine are swaged so slot together,when dirty and wet there a nightmare to separate

Do yours have thumb clamps?if so get some regular ones you can tighten with a socket

When my clamps pack in (which they all do)

I just use duct tape til the new ones arrive :whistle:

Back