Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Downpipe protector

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Taxlossloz

Once i cleared downpipe I want to fit something to stop it happening again

Any recommendations ?

I want to keep a few in van as many gutters don't have them in

Once i cleared downpipe I want to fit something to stop it happening againAny recommendations ?

I want to keep a few in van as many gutters don't have them in
They're called gutter balloons mate. :thumbsup:

I charge a fiver for each one I install, they only cost £2, and you're up there anyway so it tops up a job nicely when theres a few downpipes to do./emoticons/wink.png

They're called gutter balloons mate. :thumbsup:
I charge a fiver for each one I install, they only cost £2, and you're up there anyway so it tops up a job nicely when theres a few downpipes to do./emoticons/wink.png
Perfect ! Where does one acquire such things?

/emoticons/biggrin.png You can get them in any big diy place mate, make sure you get the plastic ones though, as the metl ones are a PITA, don't store well, and can scratch things up up the back of the van.

Yeah I do the same. Buy mine off eBay & charge £4 a piece to put them in. I don't actually buy them a mate of mine who cleans out gutters buys loads & let's me have some at the price he pays. Thonk there about £1.50-£2

Each to there own but I personally hate these and rip them out

Every gutter I clean that has them installed are clogged up round with moss slime etc then acts as a plug stoping the natural flow of water down the down pipe!

I mentioned a big church gutter recently that I did that had them installed as soon as I removed it it was like a tidal wave down the downpipe I actually videoed it to show client resulting in contract for all the St. Peter's churches

If a gutter is clear off all debry and bits of the roof should flow nicely down the pipe anyways

Back