Promoting wise anyone tried

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by abs, Jan 17, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. abs

abs Guru

Printing key rings or key fobs with business on or I may get some car air freshers made with my logo and push these through customers doors

Is this worth ago or a waste of money ? Will cost £200 roughly for 200 items

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Seems a waste of money to me as your customers already know who your are surely?

3. abs

abs Guru

Key rings possibly but car air freshers I can see working as alot of people have freinds in there cars , I may give it a try

4. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I like this idea and wanted to order a load of pens , but my wife brought me back to earth again ;)

If you have a business that relies on encouraging people to return to you for repeat business, it makes sense to have your name in front of them on a fridge magnet, keyfob, pen etc.

But we work a round, same customers on rotation. So there is no point.

5. abs

abs Guru

Can see what you meen , ordering pens and leaving some in tubs in the local newsagents or post office maybe worth a try though it's all about getting your business name out there isn't it

6. abs

abs Guru

I do sponsor a local footy team and my logo is on there waterproof jackets,
    This however was a waste of money as they remove these to play and if it's raining too much matches get cancelled anyway , but the other day I did see a young lad with his footy top on in aldi lol

7. TolishAPurd

I've got to agree with smurf, bit of a waste IMO. I'd rather pay a canvasser that money, or take out some printed advert in a paper that gets delivered to 1000s of houses. 200 quid can easily pick you up a load of work if its put in the right place.

8. abs

abs Guru

Thanks for your opinion fellas , just toying with ideas while watching spongebob with the kids lol

9. TolishAPurd

Just buy a pair of square pants and go door knocking.

10. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

This isn't a bad idea. People like free pens.

In my local post office and in the next town's post office they have screens up advertising local businesses. They are like short videos/dvd type adverts each lasting for a about 1 minute. Lots of plumbers, builders, funeral directors etc advertise on these. I get approached every year but decline as I don't need the work. They only put up one or two of each trade too. The adverts run on a loop so your ad comes up loads of times throughout the day. This costs about £25 per month I think.

Advertisement