Proof of income

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by andy1992, Mar 13, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. andy1992

andy1992 Member

Hi guys,

Is it necessary to invoice residential customers so that you can prove your income to hmrc or do you just need to maintain records of what your income and expenditure was ? I mean because a lot of it is cash payments is there an form of proof required like an invoice or receipt ?

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

dont give them anything unless they ask....if they want it they will ask you for it....oh god its nearly that time of year again, now what was my password....dohhh:sad:

3. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

[quoteis certainly"andy1992, post: 163249, member: 7564"]Hi guys,

Is it necessary to invoice residential customers so that you can prove your income to hmrc or do you just need to maintain records of what your income and expenditure was ? I mean because a lot of it is cash payments is there an form of proof required like an invoice or receipt ?[/quote]

There Is certainly no need to invoice as far as I am aware. I keep a daily record, in my work diary, of every job done and payment made. That is sufficient for tax purposes.

4. sdrah

sdrah Guest

I used to leave a receipt in the latter box after each clean however after few months I realized that too many receipt books thrown away - and they cost £3 each : )

Advertisement