Propane Gas Costs Per Month

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Brightsure, Oct 3, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Brightsure

Brightsure Active Member

Is anybody running a hot water system using the L5 or similar? Im wondering how much it costs a month to run it based on how many hours a day it runs, anyone got any ideas?
    Also this video is what i am going for, sorry if its been posted before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM07hsbkChU

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

that looks like ive seen that set up before!!! lol

with my set up I use about 1 6kg bottle every 2 weeks, that costs me £13. witch works out to be £1.08 for a days use of400lts of water.

it also depends on the setting you have it too, I have it on a low heat setting at the minute, but do turn it up when I need it to be hotter. the hotter you have it the more gas you use.

3. Brightsure

Brightsure Active Member

Thats great sounds pretty good, Thanks very much i will be getting this fitted next week i hope!

4. Brightsure

Brightsure Active Member

One other question what temperature do you run this at? Just did a check on my house temp and was up at 50oc if this runs near that i can see this being much better for cleaning the windows!
    Also getting the right flow rate will result in the gas lasting longer too, too fast a flow and the flame would need turning up.

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

the temp again varies its hard to do a pin point temp, but it runs from about 30-50 deg C but can get anywhere upto 70+

yes that's right, I use a analogue controller and have the flow rate runnin at about 20psi, and the gas low, today I could see a little steam come from the brush.

6. spruce

spruce Grand Master

?? I think that should be £1.80 a day for 7 days, or £2.60 per day for 5 days. :Image9:

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

sorry was meant to say every 2 weeks, 12 days work.

8. DanielT

DanielT Active Member

I bought a gaslow refillable bottle for mine. 12 litres/11 kg of gas from a petrol station is about £9 instead of overpriced Calor. Outlay of about £150 pays itself off fairly quickly especially if you use it for BBQs too

Advertisement