Pros & Cons - 4 weekly vs 8 weekly

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by meridion, Aug 27, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. meridion

meridion Well-Known Member

The majority of our domestic work is 4 weekly, however I'm aware of the 50% extra you can charge for an 8 weekly clean for really not that much more work.

However this does mean twice the customers if you want to fill 4 weeks of the month (roughly). Which isn't a problem, though it may take longer to fill to capacity.

Now I'm considering 8 weekly. My question is, Needing double the customers would lead to potentially covering double the area than previously done so.

Would the extra time spent travelling, fuel costs etc, bring the hourly rate down by much? Enough to make 4 or 8 weekly not that much better than the other?

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

What 50% extra?
    Sometimes i may charge an extra couple of quid but 50% more for no extra effort on an 8 weekly????
    It takes maybe an extra swipe up and down per window which is nothing
    I have monthly and 2 monthly customers and most are equally priced

3. Markyboy 50

I charge the same for 4 weekly and 8 weekly. Takes no longer unless they're on a main road.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. meridion

Ah I see... I normally charge 25-50% extra for bi-monthly houses. I know that theyre not significantly dirtier, but they technically get dirtier, so it's a plausible reason to charge more, and I believe many window cleaners do.

It's the only reason I'd consider 8 weekly anyway, there is no other benefit to it from the window cleaners side.

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I see a big benefit in 8 weekly..or 2 monthly in my case as i work 1 or 2 monthly
    Twice as many customers on a twice as long frequency means less chance of being dropped in times of recession or job loss etc as less money for any 1 customer to have to find
    It safeguards your customer base a bit more
    I would love all mine to be 2 monthly

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. meridion

That's true davey! Didn't think of that. Less risk.

7. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

I prefer 2 monthly, as get bored easily going back to same jobs each month, I barely ever get to a job on time. I try and charge a bit more for 8 weekly and say that if they go 8 weekly they save more money over a year. So if its a £15 house charge £20 for two monthly. They save £60 over the year, but you get an extra £5 for the clean, all good.

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I usually charge a couple of quid extra but not 50% and it makes everyone happy
    £12 monthly..£15 2 monthly etc
    Makes a difference over a days work but customers still feel they have a good deal

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

If say £14 on a 4 weekly I go £18 dor the 8 week or say £15 on a 4 becomes £20 on an 8 and so on.

The only reason you need to double the area is cause you hit saturation where you are. If you recanvass all the roads where you have work you should easily double up without having to go further afield geographaically so to speak.

10. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

All mine bi monthly, customer is happy to see me.

Advertisement