Protecta-Kote

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by MyLittleCleaningCompany, Feb 29, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Thought I'd throw this one out there. Tomorrow I plan to paint on Protectakote to my van. From what I'm reading this seems a real simple process. But as I normally find simple things always go wrong! So, does anyone have any tips? Anything that made the job easy or harder? Cheers, J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I did my van and it is great stuff you really do need a couple of good coats and it will take some time to dry. Only too really is make sure you really mix it will and have plenty of spare brushes etc

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

3. Thanks Gav. Pure Freedom sent 3 brushes with the kit so hopefully that should do it. I'll put a pic on here when it's done.

4. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Will be good to see it.

5. Right as I'm sitting here waiting for the paint to dry I'd thought I would add a few pics. Gav for some reason I can't directly attach them as in the normal area so I have put them on our server (just for your info).

[​IMG]

The van with all my kit in!

[​IMG]

The van without the kit before I started!

[​IMG]

The van after I had ripped all the ply and floor Citreon had put in!

6. James

James Guru

Looks tidy J, how many layers you doing?

James.

7. Second layer complete at 19:45 hrs! Can't believe how long this stuff takes to dry. Going for three I think James, what do you think? It's good stuff though, looking good already!

8. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I recon three is a good number, I did three. Ye it takes an age to dry!

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

9. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I have now added an option to upload a pics via tiny pic you hit attach image button and a window will popup for tinypic, upload your image and you get a code to put in the post. doing it this ways saves on our bandwidth and server load. :p

10. Nice one, thanks for the quick response. I was going to upload them to our blog so needed them on our sever anyway.

Advertisement