Public Liability Insurance

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Gmeister, Apr 25, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Hey people,

Like I have stated before not new to window cleaning as only did with mates at a weekend.

But I am new to self employed, tax, N.I and public Liability, as I am re taking up window cleaning I am doing this through the proper channels.

As I have applied and set up a "sole trader" business bank account they said they would help me get quotes for Public Liability, I said I wanted up to a Million, the people that do insurance with my bank and under written by the bank said they couldn't give me a quote as I have less then 3 years experiance!

They passed me onto another insurerer who can insure people who the first insurance couldn't insure.

They gave me a quote for £530 a year!

Then they said a lot of window cleaners have claimed in the last few years!

I was thinking it would be £100 - £150 max and as low as £80 a year how wrong was I!

Anybody recommend any companies for insurance??

Thanks

Gmeister

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i pay 62 a year for 1 million with simply business

3. Masons

Masons Guru

http://www.gleaminginsurance.co.uk/ is where I went and I receive 5mil cover for £291 a year.

Check them out as they thoroughly insure me over a wide area of claim issues.
    If you end up getting a quote you're happy with and going with them they send me a cheque for £15, so let me know and I can give you my details to refer... hehe

4. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

i found one for £63 which sounds more resonable!

Is it possibile to pay monthly?

5. WPeters

WPeters Guest

I got it for less than £60 with Trade Direct Insurance - trade direct insurance . co . uk

6. ALPINEYORKS

ALPINEYORKS Active Member

£67 simply business 1.5 million

7. Ryan

Ryan Guest

gleaming insurance for me 2

covers me for loads of aspect of cleaning work not just windows

also everything is inc with the price some of these cheaper qoutes i got didnt cover more than window cleaning

8. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

I pay about £70 a year...BUT:

MOST policies DON'T cover the item being cleaned (in our case the window)...if you want cover to include this, you will be looking at a lot more money. Maybe £200 +.

I've not bothered until now, but think I could do with the glass cover.

All you guys getting it for less than £100 I can guarantee the thing being worked on is not covered.

9. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Last year I insured through A-Plan, who I had used for 15 years.

Price was ok, checked the small print though - despite what I had requested I was covered for WFP only - and absolutely no use of ladders.

Not even insured for squeegee - for insides or shops.

Check the small print.

10. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i understand what you are saying, but all public liabiliaty is for is incase some one injures them selves becasue of something you do, ie, someone trips over the hose

a lot pay for items they will never need, as to be honest unless you are working on big houses, most of the tiem your excess is more than what it costs to repalce the glass, if you break a double glass unit they just pop the seal off and replace the glass not the whole window

Advertisement