Public Liability Insurance

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by wilgold, Sep 1, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. wilgold

wilgold Active Member

Hi guys what insurance companies do you use? And what's the best price? I've been looking at that gleaming insurance? I only do domestic work at the mo, but I'm sure I read on here that for commercial stuff you need to be Insured up to 5million indemnity? For 2millon cover they have quoted me £16.52pm is this any good?

Advertisement
  2. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Not bad mate but 1 mill would be enough for domestic work. Gleaming insurance looks good as it covers for a lot of other services, but I think you can get even cheaper! Shop around, tell them what quotes you have and can they beat it!

My 5mill is 230 a year

3. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Ive got 1mil cover mines cost 65.00 a year. Im also covered for pressure washing drives and cleaning gutters

4. wilgold

wilgold Active Member

Is it true about commercial tho? Do u need 5million cover?

5. Iain

Iain Guru

You only need 5 mil if it's possible to cause 5 mil worth of damage. On commercial properties there's all sorts that can go wrong so some business will require a minimum of 5 mil.

Some even require 10 mil but only for seriously dangerous work which you'd probably charge a lot more for!

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

1million is fine for a lot of work. I have just upgraded mine to 5million just coz of some of the work I do.

Council contract that I had to quote for wanted me to have 10millon and that wasn't even for dangerous work, a lot of the work was in high pubic areas where there was lots of people and traffic

7. harunh

harunh Legend

i got 2 million it costs 1 pound more then having 1 million :p lol with gleaming

8. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

I have 2m worth of cover for about £75 per year.

BUT...that doesn't cover damage to property worked upon, e.g if you break the glass. You'll find most policies don't cover that. Though for £16 a month, I would hope that it would include that!!! Gleaming do, but they're expensive.

9. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

I pay £128.71 for a year for £5,000,000

the worst thing about breaking glass its not worth claiming on your insurance anyway (for domestic customers) as you will have to pay the excess first anyway, then your insurance goes up.

Im lucky enough to have trade accounts with glass firms and able to do the repairs myself. If you can't do that make friends with a window fitting guy that you can call and do the work for you.

10. spmonkay

spmonkay Active Member

Is breaking glass a fairly regular occurrence for some people on here? Just wondering?

Advertisement