Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Hot Water System

Chris Dall

Im fed up with my two gas heaters, leaks, drips, and freezing over night before i even get the chance to use them. One is and Ecotemp L5 and the other a Fastar system.

Im willing to splash the cash on a diesel heater for two man operation with a frost stat controller.

Ive looked at the following

Pure Freedom Isothermal Diesel Water Heater-9Kw

HEATWAVE� Hot Water System

HydroHeat 9.9kw Hot Water Heater | GrippaTank Ltd

My only concern is people have mentioned the burners 'Coking' up?

Any body with any of these type of heaters advise on the pros and cons?

Im fed up with my two gas heaters, leaks, drips, and freezing over night before i even get the chance to use them. One is and Ecotemp L5 and the other a Fastar system.
Im willing to splash the cash on a diesel heater for two man operation with a frost stat controller.

Ive looked at the following

Pure Freedom Isothermal Diesel Water Heater-9Kw

HEATWAVE� Hot Water System

HydroHeat 9.9kw Hot Water Heater | GrippaTank Ltd

My only concern is people have mentioned the burners 'Coking' up?

Any body with any of these type of heaters advise on the pros and cons?
Pure freedom are far the best. I have mine on a frost start so when it detects it getting cold at night it turns on and pumps hot water through the reels and back in the tank so it's on a circuit going round. In the morning the water tanks are warm the reels are even warmer.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Pure freedom are far the best. I have mine on a frost start so when it detects it getting cold at night it turns on and pumps hot water through the reels and back in the tank so it's on a circuit going round. In the morning the water tanks are warm the reels are even warmer.

The frost stat sounds great, does it keep the back of the van warm too i suppose? so the pole hoses shouldnt freeze?

I've got the 9kw Grippatank one with frost stat use it 8 hours a day 5 days a week , I have had a few problems with it but wouldn't want to go back to cold Oliver is very good give him a ring , I had mine done as a bespoke fitment to my own system , the engineering of it puts pure freedoms into the shade , I looked into it all before I went with Grippatank, pure freedom were very unhelpful, couldn't answer the questions I had and said they would get back to me with the answers , Ime still waiting !!!!! Very poor customer service , if they couldn't do that what would they be like if I had problems ?? Grippatank customer service is very good thoroughly recommend them

What size tank did you get off grippatank and is your heater a 2 man set up? Just wondering for another van to get on the rd. how much did it cost you?

Yes it keeps the van warm don't worry about that.

I have a 1000 ltr Ionic's pro 5 system that I've modified and altered the filtration on , Grippatank fitted a 9kw boiler with stainless steel housing and 800 ltr booster pump and stainless steel bracketrey under the van so hoze reels can be freestanding or use fixed it was quite a difficult job but they did exactly what I wanted to a very high standard the system is also rigged so I can use 6 hose reels at the same time when needed , most of what they did was bespoke, so the price reflected that to a degree , however I feel what they charged was very reasonable considering the very difficult task that I set them it's all first rate work , it's a shame you cannot see all the steelwork under the van it's a real feet of engineering in a very tight space all done very neatly , cannot recommend them enough

No maximum of 6 reels we use this set up on a couple of large hotels ,then the smaller stuff between 2 and 4 reels

We have two vans on the bigger jobs with 3 in each when running low on water we use one van on the job and the other as a bowser to supply it as there isn't a usable supply on site

I have a twin hot water set up from Grippa it's awesome. Give Oliver a call he is always happy to help and give advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a twin hot water set up from Grippa it's awesome. Give Oliver a call he is always happy to help and give advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you run both pumps continually at 60c ? I currently run my gas heaters about 45-55c

Total cost was just over £7,000 that was for the heater With stainless steel housing which Is approx £400 ? Option if I remember correctly . That sounds a lot but I had a lot of bespoke stuff done under the van all stainless bracketry , 25 ltr di vessel , 800 ltr booster pump , and compleatly re plumbed , to my own specification ,I can run up to 6 reels at a time and the pipe work under the van is complicated so I can use free standing reels or fixed reels either separately or a combination of both it's difficult to explain but Oliver understood what I wanted and did I'd purfectLy and it all works like a dream , I spent a lot of time planning how I wanted it all to work after experimenting with my other vans and knew what I wanted and how I wanted it all to work I am very particular about what I wanted doing and spent a lot of time with Oliver explaining what I wanted and where I wanted it . It was a difficult job for them but they have done exactly what I asked for and the engineering is something else absolutely fantastic workmanship and that costs . I have friends that have pure freedom stuff and it looks like an agricultural farmer has fitted it absolutely appalling finish + they couldn't Evan get back to me to answer very basic questions very unhelpful it was there way only they weren't prepared to do anything other than what they called a standard installation , and that was no good for me . Have a chat to Oliver tell him what you want or are trying to acumplish and he will sort out a price for you , hope this makes sence and is helpful, as I say it could have been done cheaper much cheaper in fact but Ime very particular with how I wanted it doing

Back