Pump box - how much!!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Smurf, Jan 20, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#1 Smurf, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    I think this chap is having a laugh myself :D
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Complete-Bespoke-wfp-Pump-Box-/181643276788

What do you think?:rolleyes:

Details taken from listing

This complete bespoke pump box is for the pro quality window cleaner/ valeter whose work equipment is as important as the quality job required!
    UPDATED 30.12.14
    Box is almost finished, last bits I'll fit are treated wooden batons to stabilise DI vessel & battery so it all sits snug
    Additional photos added showing complete box, swivel fittings are on IN & OUT ports making it easier to connect hose from any angel
    The on/off switch is fitted top left next to the outlet fitting, just connect up in the morning then use on/off switch, then disconnect at the end of the day
    Charge battery after each day's work to ensure full power!
    Everything is in a 600mm x 400 mm strong box
    ( FULL IN-DEPTH DESCRIPTION & PHOTOS TO FOLLOW )
    Iv been in the trade over 20 years from ladder to pole, as in any area of work you get to know what's good & what's bad, what works & what doesn't!this bespoke box is full of just under 100 top quality items & components through to the last nut & bolt!
    Shurflo pumps speak for themselves! Having worked with pump & controller I did find the controller more of an hindrance than a work tool
    Like all window cleaners we know the stop/start problems that can occur do spoil the day! To avoid that I choose not to use controllers - too many stop/start days!
    The shurflo pumps are built to last having its own shut off system, when you stop the flow - the pump stops!! Simple as that!
    What did we do before controllers came out!, this is only my experience with these products that's why I choose to work without one, since then Iv had no more stop/start days! ( maybe it was a faulty controller? ) the pump I'm using at the moment is coming up 4 years old & still going strong!!, I'm not condemning controllers its my personal choice!
    Back to the box -fittings are brass and steel & 3ply hose
    All 12v connections are soldered together then covered with shrink wrap hose, makes a perfect connection & seal
    The sole item that's not brand new is the DI vessel ( as new ) every other item is brand new bought & assembled by myself
    I'm using the same DI vessel ( in the box ) myself and find it faultless & good quality!!
    As is the "yuasa" gel leisure battery ( in the box )
    The added bonus is the bespoke box is fitted with a 100psi shurflo 4lpm pump not a 5lpm pump, less pressure build up is good for the pump!
    A full test & pressure test will be done to guarantee a leak free system is sold!
    Approx weight 15KG - empty vessel
    25KG - full vessel
    Carriage, ebay & paypal fees will be approximately £150 (wow) Cost for equipment is £340 with empty DI vessel
    ( £370 with full DI vessel ( new/dry MB115 )
    The 2 items that aren't supplied are battery charger & strainer
    The battery charger ranges from approximately£15 to £60 ( personal choice )
    I fit The inline strainer between water tank & "IN" port on the box againpersonal choice
    A starting bid of £520 will cover all cost & delivery +£30 for full DI vessel
    To buy this bespoke pump box over a working year (5) days the cost is under £2 a day
    Any questions please ask
    Genuine enquires/ bidders please
    Ready to go jan15
    Orders can be taken

pump box 1.jpg

pump box 2.jpg

pump box 3.jpg

pump box 4.jpg

pump box 5.jpg

Advertisement
  2. heyoh

heyoh Active Member

It's simple maths: he spent 13 hours building the box, could have earned £40/hr doing the windows instead... 13x40=520 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

So cutting threw the **** in the listing inside the box is as follows:
    1 x used di tank with some resin in it.
    1x shurflo 4 lpm pump (not the standard 5 lpm)
    1x new cheap battery
    bit of plumbing & 2 x swivel fittings on the side
    bit of wiring with a chepo switch on the side

£520 for that...:eek:
    You also have to buy your own battery charger & strainer as is not included in the cost.:rolleyes:

Sounds a bargain to me NOT for "This complete bespoke pump box is for the pro quality window cleaner/ valeter whose work equipment is as important as the quality job required!" Bless :laugh:

4. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

Beggars belief.....but I bet some bloody idiot will buy that.....a fool and their money eh :rolleyes:.

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

He's havin a Turkish. Ooh I need to change me resin. Hang on while I f@ck about trying to get the vessel out and smash the plastic box in doing so.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I also don't like the idea of having a battery like that in the same box either.

7. Neil

Neil Grand Master

What a ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. cheapncheerful

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

10. cheapncheerful

I dont know if they will actually get the money but thats the second one on ebay after the dad sold his sons car recently with a great description as to how the son had looked after it and that went for a fortune too...

one banana and trolley for sale as used by frank....:D

Advertisement