Pump Box

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by windyman, Jan 24, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Where's the best place to get a complete pump box? (Pump, battery, flow controller etc) and how much am I looking at?

Also, how easy is it to install a split charge relay? Is it simply connecting couple of wires to van battery? Or does it need someone who knows what they're doing??

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

Windowcleaningwarehouse or cleaningspot I think. I've never used warehouse so I can't rate it tbh. Cleaning Spot are good but in my experience are very unreliable.

James.

3. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I used to use a leisure battery only in my 1st van, but lots of hassle taking it out to charge it up at ***ht, so with current van, hooked pump controller up to van battery. No probs, i have 1 street where i am parked up for 3 hours doing houses, never had any bother starting afterwards!. Not sure what a split charge relay is, but connecting my controller up to van battery was easy peasy!. Ran the wires from the battery, through into the inner wing, out at pass door aperture, up over the top (tucked into door seal), and through into the back. By the way, i have used cleaning spot regular for over a year without any problems.

4. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I have the relay and is really easy and no hastle at all never have to charge my battery again.

5. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Ok cheers. A split charge relay is when you wire up your leisure bat to ur van bat, so that as ur driving along, your leisure bat gets charged up.[hr]
    Do u have to buy a 'kit' or something that has all the bits you need? Did u do it yourself?

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Yes did it my self. Got it fron ebay. Comes with everything you nees although I did need to get more wire as the stuff they provided was not long enough.

7. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Found the link to the old post https://www.windowcleaningforums.co.uk/thread-116.html?highlight=relay

8. simon

simon Guru

daqua have a pump box its £231 delivered never used 1 myself though

9. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Hey windyman, not sure if i made myself clear on my earlier post, but i dont have a leisure battery at all, just wired straight to the van battery. All the wiring needed came with the pump controller i bought from cleaning spot, athough i believe i can, if i needed, use a leisure battery aswell, and the controller will keep it charged up from the van battery.[hr]
    Oh, one other thing simon, I dont use a pump box, i dont really think it is necessary. just mount the pump somewhere it isnt going to get soaked and use some spray grease on the connections. I still have my original pump, 2.5 years and still going strong (touchwood!).

10. Spilt charge relay, mine cost £10 and I fitted it in under an hour (i was meticulous with the cable run) Best tener i spent!

Advertisement