Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WEBSITE???

Actually - social media can really boost your ranking if you use it right - - having feeds on your website does nothing for SEO (Though on some sites its good for customer interaction),.. but if you have a business page on Facebook and occasionally link from that to specific pages or blog posts on your website, those inbound links can have an effect. Google+ is especially good for this,.. but its also rubbish and boring so SEO is the only reason I ever go near it!
Well N Jones I hope you put it all on my site lol

Thanks for the replies again all, so @Njones if I don't do all that with the social media etc to boost will I still get good leads and highish ranking if wording is all well done?

To let you all know where I am at with websites I have no idea what seo is!

Thanks for the replies again all, so @Njones if I don't do all that with the social media etc to boost will I still get good leads and highish ranking if wording is all well done?To let you all know where I am at with websites I have no idea what seo is!
Njones knows his stuff buddy trust me:D

That depends on your competition - - if you live in a quiet area and the other local window cleaners don't do much online marketing, then yes you can still get good ranking,.... but if just 10 or 15 of your competition are doing all the social media stuff & have a good blog thats regularly updated, then they're going to have a big advantage over you & chances are it'll take months to pass them out in the search rankings even if your site has all the titles & tags done perfectly,...

Social media isn't essential,.. but its very beneficial & I always recommend using it.

If its really not your thing, you can actually pay a "social media manager" to do it for you - - often its cheaper than adwords and much more effective too...

Thanks for the replies again all, so @Njones if I don't do all that with the social media etc to boost will I still get good leads and highish ranking if wording is all well done?To let you all know where I am at with websites I have no idea what seo is!

web site is the way to go . all my cards and flyers have the web address on.its kind of different for me in that my wife has a domestic cleaning company and its her web site she just puts on it for me all windows cleaned by "tonys window cleaning service" and my phone number it works out well prospective customers get to see photos and testimonials etc before they ring. she said it was pretty easy to create the site . did it herself.but i wouldnt have a clue i would say 95% of all her and my customers check the site out first before they ring or e mail.

Give yourself some homework, do a google search for SEO, content building and basic online marketing. Once you've found yourself a few blogs that you like to read and you get a decent amount of info from them you can do it all yourself. Just times a little time and patience. Otherwise pay some one to do it but make sure the price is reasonable and it includes SEO work and some sort of maintenance package or you'll be left with a website and you'll have no idea how to edit or improve it.

njones did mine utter rubbish hard to deal with and a con man nearly ended up getting on a plane to pay him a visit

I haven't read this whole thread so sorry if it's been said.

If you want to climb the Google rankings, set up your Google Plus page for your business, it is free and involves lengthy verification by snail mail but once that page is sorted it will have your web site info on it and you will shoot up the listings.

I did so and now if people search 'Carlton window cleaner' (which is my area) I am number 1 (Un-paid) listing, if surrounding areas, Mapperley, Gedling do a search I am top 3.

So well worth setting up a Google Plus page.

Do I know you Noddy? The only Noddy I ever worked for was Julian Dean - who cancelled the job before it was even half complete without giving any warning or reason and never paid me a penny,... Is that you?

njones did mine utter rubbish hard to deal with and a con man nearly ended up getting on a plane to pay him a visit

Latest Posts

Back