Pump / Controller Callibration

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by rcproperty, Feb 11, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

we never have that, our 6mm uses less pressure than our 8mm.

our controller is on a lower setting on the 6mm to get same flow than the 8mm

Advertisement
  2. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I see what you mean. You have to reduce the speed of the pump. So if you have a Spring controller, your speed setting could be 60 with minibore but would need to be reduced to 50 with microbore for the same flow at the brush.
    But you will have to up the calibration of the controller to achieve the same result.

So many windies get confused with the controller figures on the first screen level. Just because it is divided up into 100 segments and our pumps are 100 psi rated, they confuse this with pressure. It is just the flow they are increasing or decreasing. The pressure is the calibration setting - its controlled by the amperage the pump draws as the pressure increases.

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

I don't use any digital controller, I use ones that I built myself!!

4. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

#4 ♠Winp®oClean♠, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    6mm hose requires more pressure- it's physics and fact. Your home made controller is irrelevant. Length of hose also plays it's part, connectors, fittings etc etc all build an "overall" amount of resistance- this is why all our settings differ from system to system. The longer the hose and smaller the bore the higher the amount of pressure is required to push water through it- it's simple physics.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

I best get new pressure gauges then, they must be wrong!!!!

6. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Then your pumps manual pressure switch is set to accommodate both pipe sizes at the flow you need without cycling. What you are doing is slowing the pump down and this reduces the pumping rate.

7. ♠Winp®oClean♠

I think pressure and flow are often confused with each other.

8. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Forget each other.....i'm confused with myself!! :confused:

9. Poles Apart

The amount of pressure you use should be the minimum amount required to achieve water out of the brush head so the pump works at it's optimum and dead ends quickly any more pressure used than is required will draw air into the system you don't want that. Flow is merely the amount of water used.

10. ♠Winp®oClean♠

I hope that post didn't come across wrong, it wasn't aimed at you or meant to look like I was trying to be clever.;)

Advertisement