Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump controller

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neilw

Just bought a wfp trolley system but it does not have a pump controller fitted. What suggestions which have a dead man cut out.

On my trolley I use a 20amp PWM controller purchased on eBay. It has served me well for several years. I coupled it with a 40amp auto relay to protect the pressure switch in the pump, which have a tendency to fail with repeated switching as is common with the way we use them.

The more expensive digital controllers don't need the 40amp relay as they work by detecting the increase in electrical current when shutting off the water supply and then switching off the power supply to the pump before it reaches the levels that are damaging to the pressure switch. These type controllers are excellent when working with long lengths of the softer reinforced hoses but can be a little frustrating when working with shorter (15-25m) inflexible lengths of PU pole hose such as some of us do with trolleys as you often have to wait a few seconds for the controller to respond when you open your tap/valve. This has been my experience anyway working only with a trolley for 16 years and hence why I use the other option I mentioned above.

There are wiring diagrams on the forum showing how to wire them up with the pump and 40amp relays.

Hi Neil

There are a number of options but if your looking for a controller with Dead end, then a V16 would be the way to go. these are widely available on line form the WFP distributors. An alternative would be an ABC2 which is max rated to 8 amps. please see ABC 2 - 12 Volt Pump Controller

There is a lot of information regarding setting up controllers on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@springeuropeltd7880

Let me know if you need anything

Latest Posts

Back