Pump flow rate

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Jackjoewill, Nov 18, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jackjoewill

Jackjoewill Member

During the last week, my water flow rate on my trolley has dropped, and now I am just getting a dribble on a rate of 35. Also the pump is vibrating and making a shuddering noise. I have contacted Pure Freedom, and they said it was because I am using pole hose. Today I tried out my pole hose on my son's van system and it worked fine. Someone said I have dirt in the diaphragm, and to take it off and clean it. This is easier said than done.
    Anyone else had this problem, and how did you cure it ?

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Is the battery fully charged? If you have an off the shelf trolley, the battery supplied will be quite a small one and will need charging regularly.

Also, getting to the diaphragm isn't that hard. It's behind the cross head screws. Be careful if you decide to have a look at it, as there is a spring behind it. The diaphragm could have got dry and possibly the pump will need bleeding (can't think of the right word). Have you let the system run dry at all? Do you have a strainer fitted before the pump?

3. Jackjoewill

Jackjoewill Member

The battery is fully charged and works fine all day. It is a pure freedom trolley, and the diaphragm is bolted on the front with screws on the back, which I can't get to without taking the battery off. The system has run dry a couple of times when I come to the bottom of the barrel, but only for a few seconds.

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

When the water is coming out of the brush, is it coming out in fits and starts? Ie like it's spluttering?

5. spruce

spruce Grand Master

If its a Shurflo pump (PF did use them) then they can run dry.

6. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Sounds to me that you need to prime the pump, I am sure that there is a thread on here from way back on how to do it

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Cheers Shiny. Prime was the word I was looking for, not bleed :) close enough though.

8. Jackjoewill

Jackjoewill Member

I use an aqua stop on my pole. When I turn it on the water comes out powerful as it should, but only for a couple of seconds then it gradually slows down.
    Just took off all my hose connections, and pumped a barrel through at 99. I am now getting a flow of about 8 inches before it droops on number 35. ( sounds as if I'm bragging)
    At least I can work tomorrow.

9. Jackjoewill

Jackjoewill Member

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does prime the pump mean.
    By the way my trolley is only 8-9 weeks old.

10. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

That's ok Tuffers...we're here to help, not that I am much good with tech stuff, I just remembered I had similar problem a while back and found a old thread, tried it and it worked not had a problem since....touch wood ...!!

Advertisement