Pump not pumping water strongly enough through 60 metres of Microbore!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by buzzing, Jun 6, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

Got a cheapish rechargeable pump/battery set which can carry in and recharge after a day at work. It is powerful enough if next to a barrel of water, but pumping the water through 60 metres of microbore it seems to only come out a trickle at the end. When I first used it, it was too quick, but now just trickling. My trolley's pump also only has it coming out like a trickle through the 60 metres of microbore. Should I change to minibore? Is 60 metres too long? Do I need a better/pump battery set? If so, anyone recommend one. One I can carry in from car and recharge at the end of a day

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I think your answer is in 'cheapish'

3. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

do u have a link mate also shurflo u wouldnt have that problem

4. jason1965

jason1965 Member

you get what you pay for, so buying a cheep pump has saved you money, but how much have you lost bye not being able to work ?

5. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

I have had two Sureflo pumps that struggled to push water through microbore at lengths longer than just 25mtrs at full flow. Kept activating the pressure switch every couple of seconds. At 80% flow they were fine but not at 100%. The 5mm ID of the hose seems too small for them. Hose with a 5.5mm ID and up was fine.

6. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

Can anyone recommend a good pump/battery comb (price not an issue) which I can recharge in the home?

7. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

I use 100 m of microbore with a shurflo pump. Controller set on 50, have the correct calibration so the water flies out the brush no problems

8. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

#8 buzzing, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    This is the pump/battery I use-

Window cleaning Battery & pump pack 100psi for use with water-fed pole NEW

Yeah will get one of those pumps. Checked out one of those leisure batteries in Halfords. very heavy. I was going to look into getting a lithium ones. I was told to get at least 60 amps. Any recommendations?

If not possible I guess get one of those leisure batteries. I was going to put the two together into a waterproof box, maybe made of wood. I would make it so I could charge it in my house then carry it out when when I need it.

What about this-

Brand New. Water fed pole pump box. 100psi SHURFLO PUMP. No Battery included.

9. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

When you say correct calibration, do you mean the settings for how fast the water is pushed out?

10. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Calibration is setting the pressure the pump needs to operate at your required flow.

On a Spring or Varistream controller the first or front 'screen' is the flow. Change the flow from 50 to 60 means the pump motor turns faster and pumps more water.
    Calbration setting is a setting in the 'screen' behind.

Simply put; the faster the flow of water through a hose the higher the pressure needed to drive the water through the hose.

Connect your system us with the pole connected and switch the controller on. Set the flow to 50 and then follow the manufacturers instructions on setting the pressure. If you find 50 is too slow a flow then try it at 60 and recalibrate.

-

Advertisement