Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cancellation from now where

Inno just anoys you trying to get a decent round and that . Makes you think if you've been under cut etc grrr
Don't think like that... there's plenty out there, some fella was on here the other day banging on about other windy' being slippery, first time I thought someone was being a **** on here. Not worth thinking like that.. try and be fair, do a good job and be reliable then it's out of your hands [emoji1303]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Sometimes they get bored of the idea of another bill. I personally wouldn't bother having a window cleaner myself as its a waste of time. They only get dirty again.

Agree with what everyone says.

I had one the other day who said can you miss it this time the windows aren't dirty. I tx back saying that we don't skip cleans for people, would she like to change her frequency? No was the answer so I sacked her off.

Move on and replace, you dont want messers

Yeah that's the issue it was a pub I lost but tbh the pub didn't get cleaned window wise for 15 yrs I think they said so doesn't come a surprise to me tbh just hate losing customers

Happens to everyone mate had one today wrote me a message saying "don't bother there's mud everywhere right now?" I'm just like what on earth do you mean ? I said that in my head it's just another one time great customer that's turned in to messer

I had one poke his head out the door this morning. 'Can we skip this one?' Me, 'why?' Him, 'we don't want them cleaned this time.' STRIKE ONE!!!

I had one poke his head out the door this morning. 'Can we skip this one?' Me, 'why?' Him, 'we don't want them cleaned this time.' STRIKE ONE!!!

Your round will build bud. It's hard to start with cos you can literally count all your customers in your head and so a drop off is felt more.

Once your at the end of this summer or autumn you should feel your the one calling the shots. Being more select, being more confident in your approach and dealings with customers..you'll see what I mean.

At the start you feel very much at the pearl of customers. Work hard and this won't last.

It's so frustrating losing customers for whatever reason and sometimes you think why do I bother. You put a load of effort in leafletting for exame get a couple of new ones then lose 4 old ones.

The only thing I can say is it does get easier the more customers you have, you don't notice it as much as you'll be picking up add on work etc that makes up for it and you start picking up the odd custy without any effort.

If you just keep plugging away eventually it starts to come together and yoI start thinking I wish it would slow down for a bit so I can have a few days off. Just when you think you can have a day off someone will ask you to do a fsg on you'll get a text or something.

Dont worry too much, accept all the messers and set backs as just like dog turds on the ground, wipe them off on the grass and keep walking!

A strange thing that also happens is when you are starting out you go out of your way to please customers and do jobs at cheap prices out of fear etc.

A perfect examplease yesterday I went to clean a house I had text her for gate she had forgot so I cleaned just front and charged her full amount. Never done that before. Before I would have said it's ok I'll come back another day. But when you start to get to the point where your too busy to mess about you stop caring what they think and start to take charge. And guess what it works, they respect you more for it. She was fine and apologetic totally her fault she says so it only right she pays full amount.

So stock in there mate because it seems a mountain to climb at first it's really rewarding when it starts to come together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes we've definitely all been there, I have a £20 bungalow that takes 20 mins, so a good job, regular as clock work every month. Recently started locking back gate so I now have to knock to get her to open up, which now gives her chance to say skip this month. Also had another custy who complained I haven't been doing frames, I took over this custy from a friend who didn't even do sills, which I do for her. It was a cheap price but on a Rd with a few so I stood with it. I said if you want frames doing price goes up, she cancelled and took 2 others with her. Within a week I picked up two £10 houses and a £25. Hang in there!!

Lost a couple over the last couple of weeks but gained a couple again. I'm at the stage where I couldn't care less if anyone cancels as I'm flat out

Back