Pump position in 2 operator set up

Discussion in 'Tutorials & DIY' started by WWC, Oct 24, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

Regarding a van set-up with di tanks (no reverse osmosis).

I believe I read some time ago, that your pump needs to go low to the ground (level ish with the water tank output) and not far away (within 1 meter). I have no idea where I read this, but it is in my mind that I have.

This has been just fine, and is the way that my van is set up and working just fine. But, I now want to add another pump for a 2 operator set-up, so this brings into question my thinking on the pump.

Right now I have this set-up:

Water Tank > Pump Filter > Pump > DI Tanks (x2) > Water Heater > Hose Reel

But an extra pump alongside the existing one won't work, as the flow controllers will get very confused ;-)

I am guessing that I need to move the pump(s) and possibly the pump filter as well into position AFTER the DI tanks, or even after the Water Heater?

So, my questions:

1. Where do the pumps go?
    2. Are there actually any guidelines regarding positioning e.g. distance or height from the water tank outlet?

Thanks,

Advertisement
  2. meridion

meridion Well-Known Member

you need two flow controllers

3. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

I have 2 flow controllers, my question is primarily regarding the placement of the pumps.

Advertisement