Pump Problem

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by JonS, Sep 3, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. JonS

JonS Member

Ive got a 100psi 5L/Min pump in my van with digital controller and whilst in use it runs fine for around 10 secs then flashes de(dead end detected) then stops for a couple of secs then carries on again. At the pole end the flow seems to stay constant and is not really effected by this but im wondering why its doing it? i have made sure there are no kinks in my hose or anything like that. I am using 6mm microbore hose and notice that a lot of people use 8mm so could this be the reason maybe?
    Thanks in advance for any help

Advertisement
  2. HotWash Window Cleaners

You can adjust the sensitivity of the dead end detection on most digital controllers. I imagine the setting is too low.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've found that air in the system and/or dead end detection set to low can cause that problem.

Remove the hose reel and flush air out of the system by turning the pump up full until all air seems to be removed and a strong flow accurse.
    Then connect the hose reel and wfp and do the same with the pump at full power. Once done lower the pump setting to what you normally would use it at then re cal the dead end stop if need be. Simples...

4. JonS

JonS Member

Thanks lads i shall do as advised, reps points all round :Image7:

5. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

Is the pressure switch working on your pump.

6. JonS

JonS Member

No idea how to check that eclipse, any advice?

7. HotWash Window Cleaners

It's definitely not air as that would produce a spluttering effect at the brush head, but it definitely is too low a setting, I imagine that there is an up and down buttons, try holding down both buttons and see if it allows you to calibrate, if so make the number higher.

8. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

this is normal for a pump

9. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

Remove the switch from the pump, run the pump then press the switch, it should turn straight off if not the switch is goosed.

10. JonS

JonS Member

ok cheers i shall have a play about tomorrow

Advertisement