Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Back pain from pole work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J

JClean

As the title says , I’m struggling with back pain after a day on the pole. Had a prolapsed disc 6 years ago and I’m finding it harder and painful the more pole work I do. Seriously thinking about going back to trad as it doesn’t aggravate my back as much .

Just wondered if anyone else suffers at all.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I had the same. About 4/5 years ago, had foot drop and they wanted to operate. Managed too get through it with chiropractor Physio etc. I go to the chiropractor regularly for check ups, even when it all seems ok, and now (don’t laugh) I do Pilates every week. Most important think when you get out of pain from prolapse disc is too make sure you strengthen muscles your core.. being proactive rather than reactive when Something is wrong. Preventative

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Totally agree , I started yoga along with rehabilitation exercises to strengthen my core.

I just can’t find a comfortable position, I feel twisted all the time when using the pole.

Pole work can really take it's toll on the body I have had more injuries since wfp mostly shoulders but I have even manged to pull the meat between me ribs near my chest I could barely breath properly for 2 days and struggled to talk sounded like I had been smoking 20 woodbine a day.

Horses for courses I suppose, I'm a stone heavier and nine years older from when I switched from trad to pole and feel better after work than I did when trad.

If I do feel slightly achey, I find a long, hot bath with radox whilst listening to ska works wonders ?

i have bit of back ache some times its dueb to my calf musels bing tite and pulling my lower back out a strech does wanders for me

Get yourself a slx 18 with ultimate or extreme brushes, this is what I use for 90% of my work.

clx4 for bungalows. 

slx22 with extensions as and when needed.

Just dropping from everydaypole slx22 to slx18 made a massive difference on arms, shoulders and back.

@Iron Giant I’m using a Gardiner clx27 with super lite brush. 

Thats going to be a major reason! 

Ive never understood why people don’t use the best equipment you can afford. It’s a false economy, especially when you start getting pain. 

Get a gardiner extreme pole. 

It costs pennies if you work out how much money it makes you over the years. 

Even if it means putting it on a credit card and paying it off over a few months, it’s well worth it. 

Thanks for all your replies.
Few things to think about.
Cheers

Latest Posts

Back