Pump seems to be losing power?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by brianbadonde, Feb 17, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. brianbadonde

brianbadonde Member

I've had a pure freedom trolley for just over a year now. I used to have the speed on about 15-20. The past few weeks I've gradually had to up the speed, first to like 18, 20, 22, etc. today I had to have it on 40 to get the required speed otherwise the water just trickled out. I've read before somewhere about debris getting in to the pump. Does anyone think this could be the problem? Or any ideas what the problem is and how could I solve it?

Advertisement
  2. brianbadonde

brianbadonde Member

It's a shurflo pump by the way.

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Have you let it run dry? I had a similar problem when I started with a trolley. It might be an air lock.

Do you charge it regularly?

4. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

Any hidden kinks in hose, you havent noticed? I had that many issues with hose last week, my battery was saying it was out of power and pump switching on/off, but it was kinks in hose.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

More like you have air in the system so the pump needs priming properly so give the following a go first.

Make sure you are using a container with water in it then Just wack it up to 99 for a while until you get a good constant flow. If you have clear plastic hose on the outlet side of the pump you will see air bubbles coming through the pipe too.

6. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

ide say u have a tiny split in your hose the one that goes in the 25l drum if it is it will b on the bend that goes over the trollie handle to b honist 18 22 ect is to low u wana upp ur flow to 40 / 50 realy to get a good flow rate u will find your self wrking quicker i no this is not the question your asking ( flow rate) . the trouble with the trollie is its to easy to run a drum dry an get air locks so it could b a case of traped air so if this is the case best thing to do is put a full drum on dissconect the hose fitting that goes to ur trollie 15m 0r 30m hose turn pump up to 99 an blast it till u here a consistent flow half a drum should do it:)

7. brianbadonde

brianbadonde Member

Thanks guys. Tench, I've just checked the hose where you said and can't see a nick in the hose.

Tuffers, it is charged nearly every single night.

Window surfer, no kinks in the hose. Normally when there is, the hose lock bit pops out.

Think I will try the priming option that Smurf and Tench said. I'm assuming that with the hozelock connection off the dead end sensor won't kick in?

Oh and Tench, that seems well quick! Not saying you're wrong as you are more experienced than me (I only have a year under my belt). I will try though and see :)

8. brianbadonde

brianbadonde Member

Another question if I may......... A friend of mine who isn't a member here (get the impression he doesn't really do the Internet thing), he has a trolley same as me. He dropped it down a step yesterday and now the water is only trickling out in dribs and drabs, in between the dead end sensor kicking in. Any ideas? He asked me to ask on this thread :)

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I your mate name frank by any chance? :D

I would ckeck everthing to make sure it's ok and make sure no wires etc are damage and there are no leaks.

Here is a pdf on that type of digi controller to read through if frank dosen't have one.

10. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

one other thing gto check is the male conecter that pushes in to the hose conecter as if its worn it will push out a few mill an reduce the flow to a drible thats the one that youe 15m or wat ever is conected to one way to test it is to turn every thing on an push the conecters togther if poss there may b a bit of movement if so then that could b the cause u will soon no as it will then pump water when pushed togther

[​IMG]

Advertisement