Pump To Transfer Water To Van

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by bluemoon, Sep 10, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

Hi everyone

So I recently started to collect rainwater in water butts to then transfer to 2 ibc tanks to cut costs of water and resin. I ordered a pump from machine mart which is fine to use in water butt. Problem is when I went to put pump in ibc it doesn't fit! !! Anyone got any ideas on how to get round this problem?

Thanks in advance people

Advertisement
  2. Pride Clean

Pride Clean Active Member

I cut a bigger hole in my ibc mate....
    Should need to cut a massive chunk out of it, get the pump in and fit the nozzle once you have the pump in the ibc

3. Chimera

Chimera Member

I just been having this exact problem, bought and IBC to store my pure water and filled it to capacity to not be able to get the water out in any quick and non-leaky fashion. The pump I have on order is http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0012Q18SO/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and along side it you'll need an adapter to make the pump outlet to fit hozelock (grumble) http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0034G5NSQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it's probably wise to get a suction hose http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000BFJ7F8/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

Have all those coming over next few days so I could report back on function if requested.

4. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

Nice one if you could let us know how it works out coz don't really wanna cut holes in the tank. Cheers

5. JBC88

JBC88 Member

I bought a submersible pump from wicks along with 20m hose n jubilee clip..does the job for me.

6. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

I also bought a submersible pump and just cut the top of my ICB so it would fit. saying that I did buy my ICB for about £20 so it was cheap.

7. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

You could probably use a bilge pump .
    I have 1 in the van tank to fill my backpack can fill my backpack in about 20 seconds flat .

8. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

Chimera hello there fella. Just wondered if you have got your pump up and running and how it's working? Cheers

9. james44

james44 Well-Known Member

10. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Advertisement