Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van ideas

WCF

Help Support WCF:

idears ? ok heres what I need to know

how old is van ?

are you keeping for over say 5 years ?

is it home made set up your looking in tov or a factory ?

whats kind of cash have you got to spend ?

Thanks am wondering if I could bolt anything to the struts the bulkhead should bolt to to make it safe/strap it only problem I can see is angle of back of the two pasanger seats not had van long few days so in planning / thinking stage thanks

idears ? ok heres what I need to know
how old is van ?

are you keeping for over say 5 years ?

is it home made set up your looking in tov or a factory ?

whats kind of cash have you got to spend ?
van 04 plate diy as prob cheaper cheap as possible at moment as wanting to get van on road as working out of car with trolley system is not ideal

Keep it simple, just get a tank and frame, then bolt it through the floor, the rest is all basic stuff, pump, battery, hose reel, controller...

ok cheap as you can but looking good ?

fit a marine ply bulkhead half inc ply one it must be in one peace , even if its got a steel one in fit that over the top as tight as poss when fitting it and get the screws in 2 inc apart where poss and in metal

theres nothing getting pass half inc ply , some will say different but its tested to with stand 10 tonne sudden impacked from snow , ask any flat roofer its what they use

if you want add a ratchet strap

make a small frame round the tank using 3x2 or 3x3 around the bottom only again as tight as you can this will also stop tank moveing drill the hole right though the foor and self tapper them in there (watch out for fuel lines ect ect)

box in wight light ply 3 ml

gloss paint it with a roller

top looking van for a few pennys

gloss can be wiped clean with a cloth if it gets grubby get roller out and make it new again in under 10 minutes use a small rad rollor not a big one

ok cheap as you can but looking good ?
fit a marine ply bulkhead half inc ply one it must be in one peace , even if its got a steel one in fit that over the top as tight as poss when fitting it and get the screws in 2 inc apart where poss and in metal

theres nothing getting pass half inc ply , some will say different but its tested to with stand 10 tonne sudden impacked from snow , ask any flat roofer its what they use

if you want add a ratchet strap

make a small frame round the tank using 3x2 or 3x3 around the bottom only again as tight as you can this will also stop tank moveing drill the hole right though the foor and self tapper them in there (watch out for fuel lines ect ect)

box in wight light ply 3 ml

gloss paint it with a roller

top looking van for a few pennys

gloss can be wiped clean with a cloth if it gets grubby get roller out and make it new again in under 10 minutes use a small rad rollor not a big one

cheers have to have a look in bq for ply

Peugeot expert 55reg. 500 litre tank made the frame out of 2mm angle and bolted 10 bolts into the floor. Hope it helps bud
Thanks this is something like what i am wanting

do you have any close up pics of how the ply lining is also the blue is this protekta coat were did you get your pole hooks from

cheers

The hooks are Garden plant pot holders lol. The paint is a water protector not sure of the name. Will see if I can get more pics tomorrow

All this talk of bulk heads, the only benefit they serve is security to keep your gear out of sight.

With a 500L tank full regardless of bulkhead, you have a nasty head on at 50 ish and the best you will be hoping for is that the fire brigade can cut you out.

These 'crash tested' systems are nonsense, it only means that the water tanks wont move in a smash, won't stop your cab crumpling like a poppadom on a Friday night after six pints! After all you still have the perpetual motion of half ton of water behind you.

cheers have to have a look in bq for ply
Ihad a citroen dispatch 02 plate pannled out with ply we carried 20 25 ltr drums 2 trollies and 4 assorted poles that was enough for a days work the upside to it was you can empty the whole van in 5 mins and use the van for other jobs

been looking at van today and bolting it may not be as hard as i first thought but can some one advise on what spreader plates are and were i can get them also what size bolts etc do i need

Thanks

Back